Wonderful Old Film for Bike Enthusiasts (TT 1969)

Bugsy

Dang cannot see that with dial up.

Did see today 8000 square straw bales were being taken to IOM for the TT as they don't make square bales on the island any more.

Last time I was there Joey Dunlop overshot a bend and stopped feet in front of us. What a hero and so sadly missed.

A mate of mine works for the IOM Council and looks after the roads one of his work mates is a marshall and we would view from a restricted area on private property - it was possible to go down the garden steps and if you reached out you would have been able to touch the riders as they went by the stone wall at 140mph plus. Thing was it was too scary to go down the steps more than once.

One of my most embarassing instances was in TT week on the prom when I got a 4 line kite stuck on the war memorial - it was shades of red and a local reported it to the police as he thought someone had put a German flag on the memorial.

Three police cars arrived and a crowd of many hundreds. Finally two fire engines came and retrieved my kite. I explained that they shouldn't pull the line as it is very thin Spectra which has a 300lb breaking strain - silly man pulled and the bayonet and end of the gun on the statue broke off.

He gave me my kite back I slipped them £20 and legged it. It was all over the newspaper - very embarassing.

Great Stuff, good film and good result for Triumph in 750's,  
interesting comment about the 'other bikes' the cameramen were not allowed near,
as Messrs Penny, Perris and Simmons discovered, they were coming and the writing was on the wall.
Overall Fastest lap was Agostini (MV Agusta) I believe[8-|]
I remember watching a lot of different Castrol films round about then; did Tony Pond ever make a 4wheel 100mph lap?

• 1 month later...