Le Mans?

Just idly thinking about a trip up to Le Mans (bikes and/or cars) - haven't been for more than 20 years and now too old for the pup-tent strapped to the back of the bike, so considering taking the camping car for a luxury stay.

Anyone any idea of facilities for Camping Cars, and is stupidly expensive or just normally expensive?

Personal experiences appreciated - thanks!

Going with our camping car as we did last year. There is general camping around the circuit but is very noisy until very late , party time :-) so take earplugs !! Or join in !! There were a fair number of camping cars in general camping area so guess it must be ok .

We bought tickets to the Tribune stand and this includes privilege secure parking across the road from the circuit so quieter. They do cost an arm and a leg but as our birthdays are April and May it is our birthday present to each other or at least that is how we justify it !! Plus like you are too old for camping lark. Do miss having the bike but love having the luxury of shower etc !!

Sorry should have said parking is included with ticket so no cost to stop. There are normal sites around the area but usually full early and normally with bikers who use there bike to go back and forward. Not sure if you would want to use your van each day for 3 days ?

Camping tickets in most of the decent sites are sold out but there are still some available to buy ON LINE HERE

As you see, they are just under 50€ a pop and you  can use them from Monday onwards when the thing gets underway : Scrutineering in the town on Mon and Tues, Practice/Quali Weds and Thurs, general idiocy on Friday and Driver's Parade again in the town.  Leave your camping car behind and take the tram for town-based stuff (about 30 mins walk from the sites which are left, but still better than trying to drive).  General entry tickets are about the same price and cover the whole week also.  Grandstand tickets are about90€ for good seats but most are sold out.  If you feel you would want the latter you can look for these HERE

The second link above is to an LM-orientated forum full of lots of great guys and gals who go every year.  The re-sell their overstocks of tickets at face value (no profiteering allowed.)

Note the space sizes of the camping places and so long as your Camping Car will fit in one, then you will be fine.  We camp even though we live just half an hour away as the atmosphere is great and it means you can kip whenever you feel like it, without having to spend hours away from the circuit.

EDIT ; Just noticed that you mention the bikes which I guess you know were a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry I was talking about Moto GP which is this weekend. We are going up for Friday and staying till Monday. There are usually tickets for sale on the day at the gate but is for general admission only so no seat.

Sorry, got a bit confused when the o/p said bikes or cars, I assumed 24 hours being an endurance freak myself.  Completely fogot about the GP.  I guess for that though there is far less pressure on the camping areas than for the cars, where they sell out very quickly , the need to find somewhere to kip for an hour or two being rather more important.