Motorcycle Tours 2009

Bugsy

Three tours are planned so far for 2009.

Visit to the Millau Bridge. 1st - 3rd May.

Battle of the Bulge Battlefieds visit. Long weekend either May or June (yet to be decided)

Alps week. - 1st - 8th July. Taking in some of the best alpine passes in the area.

Anyone wishing to take part in these tours please let me know ASAP, as space is limited.

I will post detailed itinery as and when finalised. Please post any questions you have or PM me.

We ride at a relaxed legal pace [:)], with regular stops for coffee, food, bum and leg easing,  etc.

Up to 300 kilometre daily distances are the norm when travelling.

Gary.

One of the things I really want to do when I get my bike over is visit the Millau Bridge.  I'm over in France full time from March but don't think I'll have my bike over until May or June, zut alors!

I would really like to join you for at least one of your trips, they sound great.

Right guys .....................The Millau Trip.

Not wishing to break up Snorkels marriage and knowing how much he wants to come, a change of dates would seem appropriate.

How does the weekend starting the 8th of May sound.

Friday 8th May - Sunday 10th May 2009. This could be extended if we want to. (input needed.)

Leave here on Friday morning, travel down to Aurellac (approx. 280k) and stay overnight in a hotel.

Down to the bridge on Saturday (approx. 140k) and then back to the hotel in Aurellac for Saturday night.

Leave Sunday morning to return home.

I've found a nice hotel with safe parking but will need confirmation asap, so that I can confirm the booking.

Please PM me with your preferences and I'll get it all organised.

Gary.

There's no need to change the dates on my behalf, I actually went there last May.  As I can only really afford one of the trips if I don't do this one I'll be free for one of the others.  I'll leave it entirely up to the majority with regard to the dates that you eventually choose but, as I say, to be honest I think I'd be better off bowing out of this one and going for something different.  Sorry for putting a spanner in the works perhaps I should have made my situation a tad more more clear.      

[quote user="Bugbear"] travel down to Aurellac (approx. 280k) and stay overnight in a hotel.

Down to the bridge on Saturday (approx. 140k) and then back to the hotel in Aurellac for Saturday night.[/quote]

Gary, do you mean Aurillac?

(not very far from where I live, and if so, I can suggest a nice route around here if interested)

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Bugbear"] travel down to Aurellac (approx. 280k) and stay overnight in a hotel.

Down to the bridge on Saturday (approx. 140k) and then back to the hotel in Aurellac for Saturday night.[/quote]

Gary, do you mean Aurillac?

(not very far from where I live, and if so, I can suggest a nice route around here if interested)

[/quote]

Yes Clair, it's a bit of finger trouble............[:P]..........[:D]

It's your house we're coming to..........................about eight big bikers in leathers, is that OK..............[:D][:D]

I'll get back to you on the offer of a route, thanks.

[quote user="Snorkel"]

There's no need to change the dates on my

behalf, I actually went there last May.  As I can only really afford

one of the trips if I don't do this one I'll be free for one of the

others.  I'll leave it entirely up to the majority with regard to the

dates that you eventually choose but, as I say, to be honest I think

I'd be better off bowing out of this one and going for something

different.  Sorry for putting a spanner in the works perhaps I should

have made my situation a tad more more clear.      

[/quote]

No problem Ron, but we will now stick to the weekend of the 8th May as it suits the others, thanks for letting me know.

Gary.

Update:

Four tours are planned so far for 2009.

Visit to the Submarine Pens of Saint Nazaire. 3rd - 4th April.

Visit to the Millau Bridge. 8th - 10th  May.

Battle of the Bulge Battlefieds visit. Long weekend 21st - 25th May.

Alps week. - 1st - 8th July. Taking in some of the best alpine passes in the area.

Anyone wishing to take part in these tours please let me know ASAP, as space is limited.

I will post detailed itinery as and when finalised. Please post any questions you have or PM me.

We ride at a relaxed legal pace [:)], with regular stops for coffee, food, bum and leg easing,  etc.

Gary.

Clair :..................Eight in a bed...................................[:-))]

Hello Mac,

You should be OK to go on one or two tours after the Builder is finished,  I've heard that you're nice and  quite "armless" and on Saturday nights "legless" anyway .         [:-))]

[quote user="Bugbear"]Update:

Four tours are planned so far for 2009.

Visit to the Submarine Pens of Saint Nazaire. 3rd - 4th April.

Visit to the Millau Bridge. 8th - 10th  May.

Battle of the Bulge Battlefieds visit. Long weekend 21st - 25th May.

Alps week. - 1st - 8th July. Taking in some of the best alpine passes in the area. This is now fully booked.

Gary.

Clair :..................Eight in a bed...................................[:-))]

[/quote]

Alps trip now full but I do need confirmation on the Millau trip so that I can book hotel rooms.

Hi BM,

I  don't have any problem with that thanks, but do prefer to limit the numbers to a comfortable level.

I think a maximum of eight on a trip is ideal, any more and it gets a bit strung out trying to keep everyone together and stuff.

The current situation is as follows

St Nazaire - 2 confirmed - space available

Millau - 5 confirmed - space for one couple

Battlefield run - nearly full

Alps - Fully booked

[quote user="Bugbear"]Three tours are planned so far for 2009.

Battle of the Bulge Battlefieds visit. Long weekend either May or June (yet to be decided)

Gary.[/quote]

Hi,

We have just been approached to be a stopover for Motocycle Owners, from the Uk, and frankly we are honoured. One of the chaps stayed with us last summer with his family and did not want to leave.

We are on the A84.

We want to get this right, what do you guys want when you stay and meet up, we have the venue,  and I am happy about Teas and refreshments, meals etc...  but, what about the meet do they organise others in the area to join up for the evening or do we do that...

We,  so want to get this right.   Welly[:)][8-)]

Post edited by the moderators to comply with the non-advertising rule of the forum.

[quote user="welly"]

[quote user="Bugbear"]Three tours are planned so far for 2009.

Gary.[/quote]

Hi,

We have just been approached to be a stopover for Motocycle Owners, from the Uk, and frankly we are honoured. One of the chaps stayed with us last summer with his family and did not want to leave.

We are on the A84,

We want to get this right, what do you guys want when you stay and meet up, we have the venue,  and I am happy about Teas and refreshments, meals etc...  but, what about the meet do they organise others in the area to join up for the evening or do we do that...

We,  so want to get this right.   Welly[:)][8-)]

Post edited by the moderators to comply with the non-advertising rule of the forum.

[/quote]

We have just been approached to be a stopover for Motorcycle Owners from the UK. etc. Is this an advert? What 'Motorcycle Owners'?  I am intrigued as we have an open door policy for friends who pop over on bikes and have looked at the business potential of providing hire bikes and pick ups from ferries/airports but decided against it as not worth the hassle from compliance, insurance and taxation standpoints

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, I'm back after an excellent long-weekend visiting Belgium.

Left home south of Poitiers on thursday and found a lovely B&B for the night just north of Amiens. Travelled up to Ypres on friday to meet with the guys from the UK and had lunch in the square. what a beautiful town and non of it older than 90 years (it was flattened in the war). Rode to Waterloo and stopped at the famous battle site, then on to our first hotel.

Saturday we visited Spa race circuit (of course) and it was very hot and a couple of war-grave sites before on to the second hotel in Vielsalm.

Sunday saw us on the 'twisties' in the Ardenne, amazing roads with climbs, drops and endless bends (biker heaven)[:D].  We came across a huge cycle race and they hadn't closed the roads meaning us having to pass hundreds of cyclists (felt a bit like those outriders in the Tour de France). Those amazing guys are like machines! More twisties after lunch and a visit to one of Hitlers bunkers then on to our last hotel in Thulin.

Monday I decided on an early start (06.00) and after travelling 713 kilometres, arrived home at 16.30 [:-))]. I had aches in places I didn't even know existed [:)].

Total distance travelled was 2115 kilometres in weather ranging from hot and dry to a couple of thunderstorms and heavy rain.

Was it worth it, oh yes.

Gary.