ST1300 Immatriculation.

BuzST

Help! I have a UK registered 2007 ST1300 which I have had from new. It lives with me in France (Haut Garonne). I have been trying unsuccessfully to register it here for the past year. The Prefecture at St, Gaudens have sent me away empty handed twice due to the type variant shown on the Certificate of conformity (SC5111) is not on the database. The only type variants shown allowable on the database are (SC5112 and SC5114). My insurance company in France has now understandably run out of patience and refusing to continue the contract. Honda UK and EU have been completely unhelpful Re the type variants leaving me just a little frustrated. I am aware that France now complies with the EU regulations re the power (hence the second visit to the prefecture) so that shouldn't be an issue although it appears that type variants are. Any useful information that will help get my motorcycle road legal in France will make me a happy man. Thank you all for your help.

[quote user="BuzST"]The Prefecture at St, Gaudens have sent me away empty handed twice due to the type variant shown on the Certificate of conformity (SC5111) is not on the database. The only type variants shown allowable on the database are (SC5112 and SC5114).[/quote]

Make it happen!

I doubt that it was plain luck or negligence that enabled (key word)  you to be in posession of the exact 2 numbers that they need to see on the piece of paper to do their job.

I have an ST 1300 Pan European. I bought my previous bike, Yam TDM 900 in the UK as I knew it was easy to register in France. We bought the Honda in France as I had read it is very hard to register a UK one in France. Suggest you join this group:

http://www.bikersclubfrance.com/

You need a certain number of posts to get into the bike registration section, but if anyone can help, this lot will. I am registered on the site.

• 2 months later...
Quick update. I now have my bike properly registered in France, number plate fixed, insured and now ready for a few french/Spanish kilometers. Homologation Honda France had the answer to my difficulties. They informed me that the computer database at St Gaudens Prefecture was not up to date and would be rectified. It was, and my next visit with all my paperwork proved fruitful. It only took 18 months and a lot of patience but finally its resolved. I am very happy to have my bike on the road. Thanks for everyone's help.