Spot the Difference

Suninfrance

They are now 10 months old and I still have trouble telling them apart.  Boysey is on the bottom, Marlene on top and Podge snuggled up to the side.  Boysey has a slightly more pointed face than the two girls, Podge is rather broader in the beam than the others, and Marlene is just a slight shade lighter.  Their mum is pale ginger and white!!!  Obviously picked up the father's gene in the colouring.

Podge is the affectionate one and loves a cuddle and a comb and sleeping on the chair nearest the fire.  The other two are still semi wild and will come indoors to eat (sometimes) but they won't stay.  When the weather was a bit better the other day, and I was out gardening, they were all helping me.  Deadhead geranium flower in the wheelbarrow, cats were chucking them out then chasing them when the wind blew them.  They are just so amusing to watch.

They are all just so adorable and in a way I'm really pleased I couldn't find homes for them.  Much blood was spilt (mainly OH) when we had to capture them and take them to the vets for their ops, but at least there will be no more surprises in the barn this spring.  Mum cat been done too.

Lovely photo, never seen triplets that look sooooo alike.

Years ago our 'wildcat' the siamese type presented us with kittens but one was all black and the other the same as yours. They were adorable, but unfortunately stayed semi wild. I suspect dad was pale ginger !!!

I was really worried about Missy (mum cat) when she had given birth.  She did it private I think in an empty stereo unit (yes after 2 years my furniture is still in the barn).  The only time she has ever meowed at the front door was the day she gave birth.  I opened the door and her back end was literally covered in blood, almost up to her waist.  I fed her and she must have drunk at least a pint of water, then disappeared for a couple of days.  I didn't know where she was or where she'd had the kittens at that time and I was worried after what I had seen.  So the kitty search started.  It was while I was rummaging under a bache, Missy appeared.  I caught a glimpse of the kitties then and decided to let them be.  I think Missy was a little concerned too that I had found them, but I took her some food and she soon realised I wasn't going to do them any harm.  And that's where they all stayed.  I have never seen identical kittens before, and the state she was in it must have been a really difficult birth for her.