Insurance-is it worth it?

audio

Thank you for your advice Paul. Were the stairs a fire exit? I am not sure. Her husband told me that she was quite badly injured and will be bedridden for some while. She is 65, not really a case of ‘trying it on’ I would have thought.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="audio"]Thank you for your advice Paul. Were the stairs a fire exit? I am not sure. Her husband told me that she was quite badly injured and will be bedridden for some while. She is 65, not really a case of ‘trying it on’ I would have thought.[/quote]

Just mentioned this to our 'Trust Health &Safety Risk Management Advisor' and that they were rejecting it because she had not clocked on. His reply was 'whaaaat, that's utter cr*p. As you know if someone was there illegally then the trust would still be liable'.

Paul

[quote user="PaulT"]

[quote user="audio"]Thank you for your advice Paul. Were the stairs a fire exit? I am not sure. Her husband told me that she was quite badly injured and will be bedridden for some while. She is 65, not really a case of ‘trying it on’ I would have thought.[/quote]

Just mentioned this to our 'Trust Health &Safety Risk Management Advisor' and that they were rejecting it because she had not clocked on. His reply was 'whaaaat, that's utter cr*p. As you know if someone was there illegally then the trust would still be liable'.

Paul

[/quote]

I will pass your comments on to the lady.

• 4 weeks later...
Just had some bad news from our house minders in France. Leaking water pipe, water flowing down wall etc, they haven't managed to find the source of the problem yet. My question is I have paying guests arriving next weekend !!are the insurance company (Groupama) likely to insist that their assessor looks at the damage before we can get repairs done and how long is that likely to take as I would like to have some remedial work done asap.

Sorry to hear of your problem but insurance wise I think all you can legitimately do is take whatever immediate steps are necessary to prevent further damage, i.e. turn the water off and possibly start looking for the leak if to do so isn't going to cause further significant damage.

If you start repairs before an assessor has been and OK'd it then the insurance company could possibly walk away. Unfortunately I doubt anything much is going to happen in a week, it will probably take longer than that to dry the place out anyway.

Good luck