Whats happening with my planer?

Chancer

Robin

Thanks for the info, I also have a pre WW2 over hand planer which gives me no problems if I set the cutters accurately.

I think perhaps I may have confused many people with the original posts, the ripples that I suffer run along the axis of the planer knives which is why I described them as transverse not longitudinal (to the length of the wood).

Perhaps a better way of describing them: It's as if someone has replaced the cutter blades with notched tile grout spreaders so I am getting grooves running across the timber, - If you view the finished timber at the end grain section you will see the undulations running sideways, if viewed from the side of the board they will flow away from the eye like the tide from the beach.

I am sure that someone will come along soon to reduce the above to a few easily understandable words!

hi

ok I still think you are getting a sap build up on the rollers . have a look at the rubber roller ,the sap sticks to it in one place the all the sawdust  sticks to it and causes a lump , this will give the results you are getting.

dave