BANDSAW MAGIC

Postie

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this one! After using my bandsaw for the last 15 years with a 1/4 inch 6 skip blade I it I find that quite inpressive! But, there is a lot that should be avoided by the 'not very experienced' and that is that the bandsaw will cut through wood nearly as quick as that and will take a finger off without you even noticing until things start going RED!

Everything behind the blade is fairly safe and it's only when you start to get to the front that you don't go any near it. I started with 8 fingers and 2 thumps and I still have all of them. My saw will cut 8 inch thick oak so fingers are a doddle!

Take care!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]On the subject of band saws. Does anyone know of a supplier of good quality band saw blades in France? I normally get mine from Axminster Power Tools and I am down to one spare one![/quote]

hi ok

must admit I find the Dalkin Flathers  blades from Rutlands a lot better than the Axminster ones ..... twas £5 delvery for five blades

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/

Dave

The blade that I need is 92 1/2 " Dave and it isn't listed + Axminster blades, at the size I need, are £10 and the Rutlands 90 1/2" are £14 so they should be a lot better? Axminster charge £5 postage for a kilo.

Thank you for the link anyway mate!!

Amazing video Bugbear!

Mind you it did more than just trash the aluminium stop bar judging by the way the blade and spindle dropped down.

If he had tried blocking the blade on my machine it would have self destructed and the blade would have continued on its way shredding everything in its path like the 007 film.