DPE cost

Re: Diagnostique thread earlier this year did not mention any prices, has anyone had a quote for DPE?

FPN suggest 150-200 euros but locally, two modest 3 bed houses paid 700 and 580 euros, the latter survey taking just 1hr15.

Is there a government fee included in this somewhere? If not these guys are on a nice little earner.

I am waiting for a devis from two enterprises but they seem reluctant to oblige, now why is that I wonder?

I shopped around as it is as you say a nice little earner.  I ended up with the one that looked the 'poshest' in our pages jaunes and they were a lot cheaper than anyone else, cannot remember how much 200 or 300€?

Shopped around to have the electrics tested too, that was worth my time.

I was sorry that the two companies in my village  who did the testing we needed, were expensive.

Ours cost 365 euros 18 months ago for DPE (energy efficiency), ERNT (Natural and Technological risks) and Amiante (Asbestos). We didn't need the electrical installation survey as the property is less than 15 years old. We have four bedrooms, 189 sqm habitable.

Separately, we needed the fosse septique to be emptied, cleaned and inspected - that was much more expensive at 692 euros, plus 95 euros for inspection and certification (3,000 litre system).

Hope this helps. They found two inspection panels under the baths which were tiled onto (they said) asbestos cement board. Seems unlikely in a house built in 1996. Otherwise, nothing to report for the money, but obligatory if you're selling.

[quote user="Mikep"]

Separately, we needed the fosse septique to be emptied, cleaned and inspected - that was much more expensive at 692 euros, plus 95 euros for inspection and certification (3,000 litre system).

[/quote]

€692! ouch.

Two years ago ours cost €230 and our neighbours, who all used the local farmer, thought we'd beeen done.

Servicing the fosse is all getting very bureaucratic now, with inspection and certification. You even need a receipt for the contents to prove it's been disposed of in a green manner (do I mean green?).

It's possible your farmer had other methods in mind.

It wasn't "my" farmer, it was the neighbour's. If you're not selling and wont need a certifcate to confirm the fosse has been emptied then many rural French use the method that's been acceptable for years.

Clearly there has been a change in requirements in the last couple of years or it may be a regional interpretation but our certifcate of conformity was issued by the local water company (SAUR) as part of the 4/5 year fosse inspection. This cost us €44. (Nine year old property and 3000 ltrs.)

The invoice for the vidange and the water company's inspection certificate were both acceptable to the Notaire and the purchasers.

Had the energy performance carried out first to get the property on the market...37.50 euros (x 2) because I have a little gite as well, and I was told each building has to have its own. That was in April.

Had the rest of it carried out in May as a buyer was found toot sweet, at a cost of 238 Euros. No mention of now having to pay for 2 buildings. We don't have termites in this area so it was only electrical, lead paint and asbestos. Incidentally, if you have asbestos you have no obligation to remove it but as I understand it the new owner has it mentioned in the transaction and is obliged to show how it is disposed of in the future.

There has been no mention of having a fosse inspection, although it was checked out by SPANC (could be SAUR) in 2009 so I imagine that sufficed. I had it emptied yesterday at a cost of 268 euros. That was after I told the man it was a 4000 litre tank and him asking me 3 times to confirm it wasn't a 3000 litre tank. I am a bit slow these days, so it was only after he told me the different prices for a 3000 and a 4000 tank that I finally agreed with him that it was indeed the smaller one. 

As an aside, I only eat Spanish cucumbers as I haven't a clue as to how the locals dispose of fosse contents,  you can't be too careful can you?

(edited)

Thank you all for your information, I have just received a devis for 145€,for 6 piece, 170 m.sq DPE much cheaper than I thought, after hearing about the 580 +700€ in my op.

You must ask for a devis first.