pottery materials in the SW France

Hi There, Can anyone help me with details of a clay supplier. I am a hobby potter in the UK hoping to move to France permanently within the next 12 months. Not wanting to ask my current supplier to courier my clay I was hoping I might find a supplier closer to my relocation. I have checked out the internet to no avail so any help on my quest will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Wen4699 ..............

This may or may not help, but there's a village / small town close by called 'St Quentin la Poterie'. 

It's about 8kms NE of Uzes, here in the Gard and you don't need to be a brain surgeon to work out what happens there!  Loads of local businesses doing just that.  They'll know - but you'd have to come and ask them face to face. 

Thanks re your last email - I'm looking forward to looking aound this town sounds EXTREMELY interesting. Doesn't surprise me that they will be very approachable. The vast majority of potters I have spoken too have been wonderful and generous with their knowledge and info.

Think I might have found a supplier (or agent) in Toulouse, a company by the name of Ceradel-Socor, so I'll be hunting them down when I am next over which I am hoping will be very soon!!

Wendy