Computer consummables

margie

I just buy ink at Carrefore (not how it's spelt but can't remember)  It's the only thing I go there for, but it works a treat.  I get black, and the three separate colours.  I just make sure that I wear a pair of rubber gloves whilst refilling the cartridges.  I'll let you imagine what my hands looked like afterwards.

Have you looked at http://www.pearl.fr ?  I've just bought some Epson compatible inkjet cartridges from them - very quick delivery .. I paid 11.90 euros for 4 black cartridges and 15.90 for 4 colour ones ... they had a good choice too.  Maybe worth looking at?  I haven't tried them out yet, but they look OK.

This is always a difficult one to answer. France is not a good place to buy printer supplies, for some reason.

If looking for a supplier in France then www.mx2.fr is very good. I haven't tried the others mentioned, other than Viking.

If looking for Epson inkjet cartridges, these are often difficult or impossible to refill (something to do with the built-in chips that Epson uses, particularly on its newer printers), though other makes seem to refill quite OK. Compatible cartridges are always a bit hit and miss - I have had some from Viking that would not work, but then I have had the same with Epson originals. By far the cheapest I have found for reliable compatibles (as well as good prices on originals) is www.7dayshop.com in Guernsey - typically 99p or less each for Epson. Snag is they do not deliver to France, only to UK addresses.

I have bought laser printer refills and saved a fortune from TXi Media (www.topinks.co.uk) which will deliver overseas, and has good prices. I have never used their inkjet supplies though.

Hope this helps

I got a "compatible" black cartridge for my HP inkjet are Carrefour recently. It was marginally cheaper than the standard HP one but has hardly lasted any time at all. I think next time (next week !!) I will go for the standard HP ones as although slightly more expensive, they have seemed to last quite well (and I don't get through enough for it to make a massive difference to my living costs, nor enough to work out which might be a bit better or worse than some other make).

Ian