Carte de fidelite

Innocents Abroad

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Not sure how Intermarche works but at Leclerc it is "cash" back against your shopping bill, you have a bank type card or a small bar code card which is read each time you shop and you have to put in your personal code at the card reader, BUT,   BUT it ain't a Tesco card and you only get the money earned at the shop that you spend it at, so if you have three Leclerc's that you use,  you have an account at each, they are NOT interchangeable..  They will tell you how much you have and you can keep it or have it knocked off your bill.

SuperU/ Hyper U are different again you can earn points but as with Leclerc not on fags or petrol, but these points can be gained at any branch of U and are exchangeable against a catalogue of gifts.

[/quote]

Are you saying that, although they recognise the same card at each store, that they don't hold one account. My understanding was that they do add up all the points for any store visited.

Fulcrum said "Are you saying that, although THEY recognise the same card at each store, that THEY don't hold one account. My understanding was that THEY do add up all the points for any store visited" 

Bloody hell talk about confusing!!  Who are THEY ??

If you mean Leclerc --WRONG  see other posts explaining this , if you mean Super/Hyper U --You are correct

So here is what Leclerc says, lifted verbatim from one of Copperlola's useful links:

La carte E.LECLERC fonctionne dans tous les magasins participants et

vous permet de cumuler des Bons d'achat en "Tickets E.LECLERC". Les

"Tickets E.LECLERC" sont valables dès le lendemain, cumulables et

utilisables jusqu'à la fin de l'année sur tous les produits du magasin

émetteur (hors carburants et livres).

So one card works in all participating stores (fonctionne dans tous les magasins participants) but you can only use the credit in the shop which issued the credit (magasin emetteur).

This has been our experience - credit on purchases at Leclerc Le Mans do not work in Alençon and vice versa.

I have had my l'eclerc card through December and not had my points wiped although in store advertising said it would be.  When they do 20% off or bogof you only get the benefit of this if you have a card.  The discount shows as cash on the card and you can use this to pay for goods in store.  I didn't know you can convert points to euros but if you need 5000 someone will have to remind me in about 12 years.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Fulcrum said "Are you saying that, although THEY recognise the same card at each store, that THEY don't hold one account. My understanding was that THEY do add up all the points for any store visited" 

Bloody hell talk about confusing!!  Who are THEY ??

If you mean Leclerc --WRONG  see other posts explaining this , if you mean Super/Hyper U --You are correct

[/quote]

I was meaning Leclerec by my use of "they". I thought that Leclerec was the subject of the thread even though other stores were mentioned. Appologies for any confusion.

So, just to recap .....

[:-))]  ... just kidding!

Well, what a can of worms I opened up there!  Thanks a mill to all who responded, glad to know I'm not the only one who needed clarification.  It's all now absolutely crystal ... ish [:D]

Cassis is right, perhaps we should draw a line under it all now  ...  unless you know something we don't ! [:-))]

Lynda M x

[quote user="Innocents Abroad"]

So, just to recap .....

[:-))]  ... just kidding!

Well, what a can of worms I opened up there!  Thanks a mill to all who responded, glad to know I'm not the only one who needed clarification.  It's all now absolutely crystal ... ish [:D]

Cassis is right, perhaps we should draw a line under it all now  ...  unless you know something we don't ! [:-))]

Lynda M x

[/quote]Well I could have added links to Boulanger, Gamme Vert, Baobab... Do le Mutant do loyalty cards?[;-)]