Where to get a gas cooker?

Rose

Anyone know where I can buy a gas cooker?  I am looking for a stainless steel range style cooker... a bit like this one

http://www.smeguk.com/Catalogue/Product/A3-5.aspx?Req=8932984

I want to avoid electric but I will need LPG gas converter as we're not on mains... found lots where the oven is electric...

Anyone got any suggestions?  I've spent most of the afternoon searching on-line and not having a lot of luck! [8-)]

thank you... [:)]

Darty, Boulanger, But.... you name it they all have them.  Log onto their website and click on "cuisinieres grande largeur".  All gas cookers seem to have converters for gas bottles (say you'll be using propane).  Any reason why you specifically want all gas?  All the really superior cooks I know have dual gas & electric cookers, say it's the best of both worlds. 

[quote user="Joanna"]Darty, Boulanger, But.... you name it they all have them.  Log onto their website and click on "cuisinieres grande largeur".  All gas cookers seem to have converters for gas bottles (say you'll be using propane).  Any reason why you specifically want all gas?  All the really superior cooks I know have dual gas & electric cookers, say it's the best of both worlds. [/quote]

Hi Joana... I was hoping to get all gas to save on electric... we'd been hoping to increase our supply in but can't have as much as we want so we needed to have a re-think on the new kitchen/house plans!  I thought all gas would be a better idea... however, we've not seen anything we really like in just gas so I think if I may have to go to gas hob electric oven.

I do really like the look of the Smeg and I really like the legs... it will fit well with our frestanding kitchen... I had it all planned up to a few days ago so I think I'll have to trawl around the shops and have a good look to see what's out there... smeg seemso expensive... especially the double oven ones! [:-))] Anyone got one and care to comment on whether it was worth the expense? [:)]

Thanks for the name of LPG Powerdesal! [:)]

Agree with your comments re running our of gas... our home in the uk had LPG range and oil heating... always ran out at just the wrong moment! [Www]

Currently have a mixed fuel range cooker in the UK and hate the electric oven and grill, I will be looking for a full gas range when we move over permanemtly this summer, and what's wrong with keeping a spare gas bottle in the outbuilding?[8-)]

I got my gas cooker in england , I did buy a french one but could not get on with it ( perhaps because it was a cheapy)  anyway I bought a canon (bliss) and always have a few bottles of gas spare (but I get mine in belgium and yiou do not need bottles to start off with )