Blood pressure monitor

Polremy

Mr Polremy wants to buy one of these. I think I could probably get one at the local pharmacie but it's bound to be an expensive way of doing it. Any idea if any of the big supermarkets are likely to stock them or is there a good online supplier please?

TOH bought one only last week online from www.healthcare4all.co.uk. It was £21.99 plus postage, and it works. It appears to have gone up to 24.99 now, so I don't know if it was on special offer last week........It was an Omron M2.

Anyway, they appear to ship worldwide.

I have an Omron M6 from Materiel Medical france. There are many to choose from and no need to spend too much!

Plenty of on line shops

Go for one which is validated by the British Hypertension Society ( this is also used in France)

Those used on the upper arm are more accurate than those used on the wrist.

Make sure you choose the right cuff size.

Next time you visit your GP take it along so you can compare measurements with his sphygmomanometer  and he can explain the correct way of using it ( sounds simple I know but it is best to know how to take an accurate  reading , when etc)

I got mine from Lidl a couple of years ago.

I cannot remember its exact cost, but around €15.99 sounds about right.

It's a wrist-cuff one. It has four memory settings and each allows up to 10 readings, which allows me to keep an eye on any BP change and , if necessary, see my doctor should there be a need to. I know what my BP reading should be and it allows me to keep an eye on any unusual trend.

It's a monitoring device and should be seen as such. It's not meant to replace a visit to the doctor.

• 1 month later...