Buying furniture for France on-line

Hetj

Hi

We have a holiday home in Languedoc near Clermont l'Herault. We need some settees and have looked at some in Ikea and other places and have not yet decided.  Before we go for one of these options does anyone know any companies doing reasonably priced settees (as it is a second home) that will deliver free or at a reasonable price.  We'd like to look on-line to minimise travel so browse on-line.... Could be UK based or French ones. Also another idea would be French websites selling 'good' second hand ones.    Ideeas welcome. Thanks

We bought some good secondhand settees from a local Troc - have a look at www.troc.com and select a shop close to you and you can see what they have. Our threepiece suite was about 150 euros and, to our delight, turned out to be a put-you-up bed as well. It's a good substantial piece with a lot of character and was fairly clean, although we did clean it ourselves afterwards and it scrubbed up nicely. Delivery would have been about another 20 euros on top but we had a van.

Conforama's delivery charges aren't too bad if you don't mind their stuff.  I bought  a clic-clac from them - it's comfy and was good value. A lot cheaper than IKEA (although I bought a desk from the latter recently and in spite of the stiff delivery costs it is still nicer and better value than I found in local shops.)  It's all a matter of taste I guess.

A couple of years ago we used Furniture for France (see link below). Brian Muir is the owner and he sources sofas, chairs, dining room furniture in the UK and delivers them to France. We ordered two loose-covered sofas which were actually made in Wales. There is a catalogue and swatches and if you were not satisfied with the goods when they were delivered, he said he would take them back and refund the money. We were very pleased with the sofas and last year had a pine desk from him also. I am in no way connected with this company - I can only say that we would use him again.

Fermette

http://www.furnitureforfrance.co.uk/