how to cancel an extended warranty

sunny

There should be a section marked "Annulation" in the contract T&C, which should give you guidelines to follow (delay, method, address).

By law, insurance contracts can be cancelled within 14 days of purchase (provided no claim has been made).

As always, cancel in writing, sending your letter via registered post with proof of delivery (Recommandé avec Accusé de Réception) to the correct address, which should be marked in the contract.

Keep a copy of all your correspondence.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Clair"]There should be a section marked "Annulation" in the contract T&C, which should give you guidelines to follow (delay, method, address).

By law, insurance contracts can be cancelled within 14 days of purchase (provided no claim has been made).

As always, cancel in writing, sending your letter via registered post with proof of delivery (Recommandé avec Accusé de Réception) to the correct address, which should be marked in the contract.

Keep a copy of all your correspondence.

[/quote]

A follow-up...

So, I went into BUT today, to see if I could annul the warranty. The guy was extremely reluctant to do so,and kept pushing me for a reason. I told him I just had second thoughts and did not want the extended warranty.

Then, he said that I can cancel only within 7 days, and since it was now eight days since I bought the machine, I couldn't cancel.

Ah-ha! Armed with the information Clair provided, I said" Nope, it is 14 days according to French law" (very confidently, because I know that Clair is never wrong).

He had no come-back, so threw a bit of a tantrum, and then the front desk gave me a refund for the extended warranty amount, but only as store credit. I don't really mind, as I have a couple of additional things I need to pick up anyway.

So many thanks Clair!!! :-)

When do the Jan sales start so I can spend the refund...? i saw a really nice falcon stove ex-display model on sale, but someone had already bought it:-(