Quilting

Edanne

Hi Edanne,

I do alittle patchwork and quilting along with x stitch, nothing that professional but I enjoy what I do.

We hope to move out permanently next year after our renovations are completed, we're in Dept 53.

Where are you?
Are you more professional or like me?

My other half thinks i'm craft mad. Kids think I'm obsessed with storing material. I can't resist a nice piece of material even if it does sit around for a couple of years waiting for me to get to it, anyway I consider it extra insultation for the loft, walls and anywhere else I've found to store it.

bye for now

LindaN

just a note to all quilters,
there is a lot going on in France if you look for it!

Quilters in many areas will have summer exhibitions and you could contact groups this way. Residential courses also available.

Look at http//hometown.aol.com/maisonpatchwork

http//francepatchwork.com (This is the national guild site for France Patchwork)

http://www.patchwork-europe.com

There are also quite a lot of Patchwork and quilting magazines on sale.

regards GRT17

>We are moving to France later
>this year and I would
>like to see if there
>are any quilters out there
>in the community.

Yes, they let them out to mingle with ordinary folk, it does them good from time to time!

Lots of local expositions to go and see (and get demoralised by sometimes!).

Availability of fabrics, not as good as the US of course, but dja pas mal, and miles better than where I was in the south of England. You'll find that most shops here import from the US anyway, with a smaller selection from the UK.

There are even a few patchwork and quilting magazines in French, and websites with traditional French fabrics.

Let me know if you'd like some links to them.....

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this will be of any help to you quilting ladies, but I used to work ata shop in Tavistock, Devon named Moor Silks and Quilts. They do a vast range of fabrics and other items on mail order and will be happy to send to anywhere in the world. Providing they have the stock in the shop it usually is sent the same day, so you aren't kept waiting for long!

Telephone number is 00 44 (0)1822 612624

The owner is a lady named Katherine.

Enjoy your quilting

Louise

Hi there we have a mobile home in Charentte Maritne area there are at least 2 shops near Royan that sells patchwork material. It is a lot cheaper than Moors Silks and Quilts as I live in Tavistock and I know how much Katherine charges. I have also found out that there is a French Quilters Guild and the lady lives in the next viilage.
We have just come back frome France having spent two glorios weeks out there, and I saw a quilt exhibition advertised in June at Vaux Su-Mer and I will miss it would have loved to have gone to see it. Maybe one day I will get there one day

Jenny Brooker

• 3 weeks later...
There's something very special in the Provence area called Boutis (do a search on www.google.fr ) and there's a museum of Boutis near us in Calvisson and our local stitching shop does courses.

Tootles - as for inheritance - there are ways around this - you can set up a French company for just Euro1000- to avoid problems.

I've just joined a cross stitch club near me too... there are quite a lot of these around I've found.

Wendy
Gard
www.chateaukeyboard.com/wendy

• 10 months later...