Looking for fellow-fisherman

We bought a house near Cussac last year, and have already made lots of friends, both English and French. But I haven't yet found anyone who shares my love of fishing. It's not the same fishing on your own, so if you're not too far away, and like fishing, please get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello,
Hope you have found fellow anglers by now.We have bought a house in Lot valley near Cajarc and both my son and myself are keen anglers....carp,barbel,trout....anything that pulls back.We have a bit of river bank and are hoping to get a few decent fish this year during our holiday trips to the house at Easter and in July.It is a pity you are so far from us but we can keep in touch and compare notes on the fishing.I would be interested to hear how you get on.The Charente is a good river with a lot of carp,pike,chub etc so you should have some good days at the waterside in lovely surroundings.
kind regards,
Bob

• 2 months later...
We have a place in the south of Deux Sevres (St Maixent L'Ecole), I am now planning to take up the sport. Probably will start with a fly fishing course at the angling centre north of us (www.pescalis.com). After that maybe I can give you a buzz

Cheers,
Paul

Hi all,

My place is near the beach at Royan, and I have been pondering for a while about taking up sea fishing, but I don't know anyone that sea fishes. I am a complete newbie. Any offers of tuiton or advice out there?

• 1 year later...
My husband is a fisherman and after much searching we have found a very nice lake at 'Oriolles' in the Charente, he spent the day there at Easter with my brother in law and they were the only 2 people fishing, for the sum of 5, if you think its within travelling distance for you let me know and he will contact you when we are next out.

Hello Swissbarry,

We are just outside St Mathieu and I would love to meet up with someone who knew the area for fishing.
Assuming I can persuade the other half to let me get away from the renovations for the day!
I prefer course fishing in smaller lakes, carp, tench etc. Not bothered about huge specimens, just good sport.
Will have to dust off the tackle as it hasn't been used for over a year.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Tim.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello Swissbarry

I will be moving to a small hamlet near Jarnage in La Creuse next month and will be fishing regularly. I enjoy lake fishing for carp, big and small, tench and bream as well as river fishing for roach, chub and barbel. I am well blessed with lakes in my area, although the river fishing needs some investigating. What's it like down your way? I think that you are about an hours drive away from me so meeting up would not be out of the questiion. Perhaps there is good fishing midway?

Mike