fishing club

thelimetree

Two lonely anglers, based near the bastide town of Eymet, looking for fellow anglers who are interested in forming an association/club.

Not a serious thing - just looking for fellow anglers, particularly interested in exploring carp fishing in rivers, with a view to sharing trips and obviously meeting for a drink or two in a convenient bar!

Essential for membership - a sense of fun, keen to share info, like a laugh, need a break from "her indoors", fond of the odd tipple or two!!

Interested? Post a reply in the 1st instance and we'll get in touch

regards

Pete and Chris

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Two lonely anglers, based near the bastide town of Eymet, looking for fellow anglers who are interested in forming an association/club. Not a serious thing - just looking for fellow anglers, particul...[/quote]

Hello Pete and Chris,

Don't know whether it will be possible to arrange a meet as we are a fair distance away at Cajarc but my son Michael and i are both keen carp anglers and especially interested in the Lot.Our time is limited to brief periods during holidays and so far we have only fished a very few times as location seeems to be the key and we haven't had our French house for very long.The great flood didn't help either!There are plenty of big fish downstream of Cahors but they are a mite more elusive up our end(and we really want to catch some locally) although we have now found a few places.Problems are the few night fishing areas tend to get hammered(Arcambal) or are truly unfishable due to very inaccessible banks etc. We have seen a few good sized fish close to home but getting them out will be 'interesting' for various reasons including no night fishing,snags and other water users .I would be interested in keeping in touch and exchanging experiences on sessions whether you are fishing lakes or the Dordogne or Lot.This summer will be our third holiday at our house and we are hoping to finally connect with a Lot biggie given time and a huge dollop of good luck.Drop us a line and let me know how you are getting on so far.

all the best,

Bob Spinks    

• 5 months later...