Hoping for the Best !

Miki

Well, Mark, you are obviously a marvellous man with no flaws and no weaknesses, and so are much better than George Best, and presumably anyone else who falls from your pinnacle of perfection.

How strange that one so perfect never acquired the common humanity to forgive the weaknesses of others...

Mpprh - "Should he have had the transplant ?"

I have no idea as to the most appropriate way of measuring the rights and wrongs of organ allocation nor whether the operation was a success and thus fully justified. Whatever method is used, from "next on the list whoever you are" to "how much am I bid" I am sure that X would have lived "if only"  or Y was "more deserving". Without the ability to look into the future we cannot judge whether a donation is "worth it" - and that means different things to different people.

Personally I hold the view that healthy organs should be taken from ALL dead people as a matter of course unless specific instructions have been given to the contrary - only in this or some similar way could supply meet demand.

But this is not the reason why this thread began.

John

not

This is a conversation between The Great Man and his doctor :

Doctor : George you should not have discharged yourself to experience this 24h opening.

George : Well! I wanted to know what it's like to be legal for once !!

Doctor: OK! forgiven... but I am afraid now things don't look too good. There is good news and there is bad news...Which do you want first?... 

George : I think I'll have the bad news first and the good news later for my last smile around here...

Doctor : The bad news is that you only have one hour to live...

George : Oh Dear! things are bad.... what's the good news then?...

Doctor : It is the Happy Hour down at the boozer accross the road!!

... ... !!!!                                    

For sure the Great man himself would see the funny side of this....      ....

Well for the cynics amongst us, perhaps you might now see what Football means to many people and indeed what dear George meant not just to Football but also to the people.

If anyone watching his funeral sat with a dry eye, then I am sorry but your coldness would defeat me. From the moment Bring him home was sung, through Vincent and finally, Raise me up, the memories of watching him play just filled me up.

George was no mere soccer star, he brought football, of a kind never seen before, to the masses of soccer fans, not just in Manchester but all over the world where soccer is played.

This was the final goodbye to a legend and one I believe we will never see the like of again in a lifetime. Please don't ruin his memory any more by searching out the negatives, we are none of us perfect are we..................

Hear, hear.

Dick, if I am not mistaken, that cheeky, good-looking, tousle-haired boy in your avatar who no doubt went on to charm many a lady, is carrying...a great big bottle of booze. It's not exactly relevant, but the juxtaposition of that and the young Greavsie above it made me think of the great G.B.

Paolo