Motorcycle ride out: South West

I would like to organise a bit of a day out/get together for motorcyclists in the south west.

The basic idea is a run from Limoges to Rocamadour (avoiding the motorway as much as possible). Meeting points will be arranged in Limoges and Brive (and elsewhere near the route if necessary) and Lunch will be arranged at or near Rocamadour once we have an idea of numbers. Early September would be a good time, I would prefer a weekday but can make a Saturday or Sunday if that is better for the majority (suggested dates 7th, 9th or 10th). I want to keep it very informal, but I will produce a route card and guides and sweepers will be available on the day.

Let me know if you're interested and which date you would prefer

Sounds fun.

Bit tired at the moment just got back from Brno Moto GP. 4000k in 4 days. My brother decided on the way back that going through Austria and Switzerland was a more direct route than going through Strasbourg.

I can tell you that there is still snow in the Alps and it is bloomin cold and with hours of hairpins in freezing fog with misted visor and glasses I was grumpy. It did save a few kilometers but I have lost 3 fingers due to frostbite.

There are two of us with bikes - please keep us informed.

I'll probably get a lot of abuse,mostly from people who don't like motorcycles plus a few homophobics,but the first weekend in September is the annual European convention of HOG and Goldwing owners-even if you're not into bikes,it's worth seeing.Cap d'Agde. 

The sun is shining and I cannot wait - I have fitted a new genuine PAL spark plug to the CZ and have found some strawberry scented two stroke oil for the occasion. I bet you won't keep up!

Any day is fine for us though if its wet I will leave the CZ at home and bring a throw-away bike as parts are becoming difficult to find.

We are vegetarians so should we bring a packed lunch and a week lemon drink?

Live fast die old and wrinkly....

Hi Dog and anyone else interested

If it is OK with you I would like to make it Thursday 14th September. Meet 9.00am Castorama car park in Limoges, just off junction 36 of the A20.

The intended route is Limoges-St.Yrieix-Objat-Brive(A20)-Martell-Rocamadour- Sarlat-Limoges.

Look forward to seeing you then.

I've decided to postpone the ride-out tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be horrible (although the forecast has been wrong all week) and as such a few people have either decided to give it a miss or had only planned to come if it's fine - I can see the sense in that! I will try and sort something out for a day during the week beginning 1st October. Please let me know if your interested - the more the merrier.

Dang – fair-weather bikers….

I spent the afternoon persuading some oversize wets onto the CZ and put an old inner tube over the HT lead and plug.

The wifelet will be livid she was expecting some peace and quiet tomorrow. Perhaps I better still go or suffer her wrath.

We are up for the next outing come rain, snow or nuclear winter…

• 4 weeks later...