rainy days

The weather has been lovely and then as usual because we have friends coming out from the uk to see us it turns rainy and is forcast to be so for the week they will be with us. We live near carcassonne and are always stuck for things to do with visitors on rainy days (so much here is outdoor based). Any ideas or recommendations? I am already dusting off the monopoly box and packs of cards!!!!

Don't live particularly close, so can't be of much specific help.

It is a problem though, so just a few thoughts:

• Public art galleries? (there's one very local to us which is under-patronised yet full of early 20th century masterpieces + just €4 entrance)
  • Wineries that do tours (the 'inside' bit)
  • Airbus - is there a Visitor Centre at Toulouse?

and failing all that ...............  

•  Consecutive days of long and heavy restaurant lunches.

Judging by the weather here just now, you may be having to grasp at something like this.  Best of luck.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately the day after I posted my computer broke and I have just got it back from being repaired. Our friends have just left. We had a few days of bad weather - filled up with long lunches, although hampered by the fact they are vegetarians ( who don't like mushrooms or peppers!!!!!!) We were very british - sitting outside anyway to the horror of passing locals.

They went out on a high as the last few days were beautiful - which makes life so much easier and more enjoyable.