Getting rid of aphids

Franglais24

That's it! I can take no more! The aphids really have gone too far now, they're attacking the patison courgettes (in the greenhouse).

I really dislike the idea of spraying but it now seems I have little option but to. Can anyone recommend something suitable and not too un-organic readily available here in France? (The prospect of trawling through the instructions etc in French fills me with dread)

Thanks,
F24.

You can buy deris in all the garden centres. It is organic but will kill evrything it touches. You could close the greenhouse overnight and spray either early in the morning or in the evening when the bees are not about.

I had a total overload of green and blackfly but did nothing and the ladybirds did their thing. Make sure you don't have an ants nest near the plants as they farm the blighters and protect them from preditors.

Di
http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

I read somewhere that if you plant marigolds they attract hover flies which eat the aphids. So we now have marigolds dotted all around the veggie garden - not only does it look pretty but more importantly actually works and the aphids have virtually disappeared.

Su
www.inchocks.com