Moles - where can I buy repellent

ChezShells

We bought one from a gardening catalogue - can't remember which one but something like Willemse.   It works really well and we haven't seen a mole since except when the battery runs out.   If there's an agricultural co-operative near you you will probably be able to find one there too.

Hi, Beleive it or not E-bay offer these devices, they are fairly cheap around £20 and effective.

I Have also heard from a very reliable source that if you buy one of those birthday cards that play a tune when you open them, remove the "music box" and put two or three of these in the holes this also works !!!!!!!!! it does sound bizare but it does seem to have the same effect and is a considerably cheaper......think about it         happy B,day 24 hrs a day!!!!enough to move your neighbours too .

The devices I use are a bit like plastic spikes with a

mushroom type head.  They actually make

an intermittent low frequency vibration every 15 to 20 seconds which is meant

to sound like mole predators and to discourage them.  They are green about 10” long and the mushroom head is 3” or so

in diameter.  They cost around €15 each

and take two D cells.

I got battery powered ones as the solar powered ones are

quite expensive and the “payback time” on battery use will take ages.

If they are the devices you mean, I got mine in the

gardening section of Leroy Merlin (both my Leroy Merlin’s (50 miles apart, me

in the middle) sold them.

I have also seen the same devices in the catalogues these

sales lorries send round (i.e  the big

articulated lorries that visit local towns once every couple of months –

sending a catalogue round a few weeks before and selling really cheap tools).

I am not totally convinced as to how effective the are (as

yet).  I would not say that they don’t

work, just not yet convinced.

Ian

For a non-environmentally-friendly solution... I asked locals what they do about moles, and the popular method is to clear away the earth from the a recent molehill, find the hole into the tunnel by poking with a stick, and then pour a drop of 'gazole' into the hole! Apparently the moles hate the smell. Sceptical? I was too, but it worked. I had 50 molehills, which may have been made by a single mole (I mean solitary, not unmarried [:)]) but after treatment the garden has been clear for a week now! So, it doesn't kill or maim them, just drives them off (into someone elses garden [:$]).