saving water

Graham & Brenda

I would like to save water to my water butt from the gutter downpipe. The only fittings I have seen in France (in Jardiland for example) are prohibitively expensive when compared with UK products. However, my galvanised downpipes are 80mm diameter (3 1/8"). The only UK products I've found on the net are for 68mm downpipes.

I haven't searched Google.fr as I don't know what the French name is. Any help or suggestions will therefore be much appreciated.

My neighbours bought their's two summers ago from one of the outillage lorries which stop off at local villages. They put two large waterbutts (32 euros each from Mr. B) beside the downpipe of their barn;water is fed from the downpipe into one water butt and they have an overflow tube to the second water butt.

Do you get the little outillage lorry catalogues delivered with your junk mail, as they have pictures? Don't think it cost much.

I've put two butts under our back barn roof (no guttering there) which is next to the veggie patch and they are full.

Difficult to envisage drought conditions today!