Cordless Electric Hedgetrimmers

Juswundrin

Hi

I wondered if anyone had any experience of these?

We've got a fair length of various hedges, a bit much to do with shears but I found a petrol trimmer lent by a neighbour heavy/unwieldy.

I'm wondering if the cordless ones are powerful enough, and especially whether the working time is genuinely as long as stated (I think they're supposed to do 30-45 minutes)?

I'm tempted by the Black & Decker model, as I've a B&D cordless drill so effectively already have a spare battery?

Thanks for any info.

I have recently purchased a cordless hedge trimmer. I have a lot of hedges some as tall 5 metres and as wide as 1.5 metres, this proved a real problem cutting especially with the weight of conventional trimmer and also balancing on ladders. I realised that I had to look for something light and with a long stretch. Well I found the perfect answer, a trimmer with the battery worn around the waist for lightness and an adjustable telescopic reach when required. I have only used it once and the battery was going strong after 45 minutes but I will get an additional battery when they become available. It is called  G-Tech HT02 Cordless Telescopic Hedge trimmer, I am not certain whether it can be delivered to France but this is their website:
http://www.greytechnology.co.uk/HT02.php

I did purchase it from another company that supplies it at a slightly discounted price and they do quote prices for overseas courier which will add another £24 to the price.

Baz

We found the cordless one useless, I admit we bought it years ago for

our holiday home. My husband has since invested in an electric one, OK

you need loads of leads but at least it doesn't burn out and now he

also uses it at our main house. Both we have bought are Black &

Decker.

aj

We use a fairly bog-standard Bosch cordless on our privet (around 100 metres long) and have found it fine. The model we got came with two batteries which is useful.

That said I must admit that when wanting more than just a normal Summer trim (e.g. when we took a foot off the top) I resorted to the petrol trimmer - even though it takes a week for my arms to stop trembling after using it!

We just bought one of the Flymo cordless telescopic ones with the seperate battery pack and plan to try it out this weekend on our hedge in UK [;-)]

We also bought a cheapy cordless one from Lidl that doubles as grass trimmer and used it to do the lawn edges in Brittany last week, even after an hour and a half MOH couldn't get the battery to go flat and it did a good job, have to see what it is like on the hedges next month[:)]

I know what you mean about the petrol ones ... my arms go numb after a while[:-))]

Thanks all

I'd pretty much decided to go for the Bosch one (realised after posting that our drill's a Bosch, not B&D), but I spotted a cheap & cheerful "Green Works" one in HyperU on Thursday, just 29Euros.

Used it yesterday and I'm impressed so far; it did around 45 minutes and shos no signs of slowing down. At the price, I'm considering buying a second one as, effectively, the spare battery.

Thanks again.