excess fruit and nuts

captin cook

hi we have just purchased a house in the lot , which has several fruit and nut trees my question is if we wanted to sell the excess fruit and nuts could we do so at the end of our lane or would we need permission from the mairie also has any one any tips on preserving cherrys

A better idea would be to swap stuff with your neighbours.  You ask them if they want a bag of nuts, they say thanks and take them.  Some time later they will offer you a bag of peaches/a chicken whatever.  Much better to exchange gifts between friends.  If you intend to sell your produce I would imagine you'll have to register with the CdeC.

Hi Andy

If they're mouldy on the outside - like the nuts are still in their shells - the insides are likely to be ok still, depends on a number of factors.  Happy to come look at them though.

If you're looking to get rid of 30 kilos or so I'd be happy to take them off your hands for you - nuts in honey, plum and nut jam, nut tarts .........

I'm just down the road from you so let me know

I was thinking of this year's crop Andy. It might be worth a trip or a phone call to check if they will do it in October. Last time I was there they were afraid they might be closed down because of the new European Health and Safety regulations.

Hoddy