Sign carte de sejour photos?

mrsblack

Got the photos, but , should we write our names on the back just in case ? I am not cutting them up and putting them in see-through cellophane envelope? I am probably over-worrying about this but I want the application to go without problems. All the copying done, I just have to write an attestation sur l'honneur for my husband' lack of name on the utility bills and a covering request carte letter. Another question, hopefully the last, is it a good idea to send in a list of the documents you have sent? Thanks again to you helpful people in the forum. Mrs.B.

I didn't write my name on the back, simply because it never occurred to me that there was a risk of them getting separated from the rest of my dossier. I assume the people dealing with applications realise the importance of keeping the right photos with the right paperwork. In fact I applied in person and not by post and I think I saw the lady attach one to a form she had printed off, and laminate it there and then.

I did include a list of paperwork because I had to make myself a checklist so I could keep track, but I don't think she even looked at it, and certainly she left it in the dossier when she'd taken out what she wanted.

That is something that I always do and DOB.

Otherwise, if they do drop the files, how would they know which photo was which.

AND when I write a cheque, I put many details on the back, including what it was for. And photo copy both sides if I am sending it away.

WHY........ could write a book about all the things that have gone wrong over the years.

Thanks Eurotrash,Spider and Idun. I will follow your advice, Idun, and put names and DoB on the back as that was what we were told to do for our permis de conduire. I have a horror of things going wrong, too. I will send in a list as I had to make a long list for me to check everything off. In the Brits café on Friday I recommended this forum and said that there's this Mrs. Black who has been using the forum for help.

I am sure the four month's wait is getting longer and will continue if the number of people I know who still say they must get round to it is anything to go by. Thanks again. Mrs.B

If they really did drop the file on the floor they could still see whose photo is was - your application includes photocopies of your passport!
We took the file in person, by appointment, to St Lô. All documents in one of those files with lots of clear pockets in it. The lady took them all out, hardly looking at them,  and folded them into an A3 doubled over file cover. Photos were dealt with there and then. We gave our fingerprints and were told that the file would be reviewed (ours were technically renewals as we had had CdSs back in 2003 so were "on the computer"). Five weeks later a telephone call said they were ready for collection.  Back to collect them with passports for ID.

Job done - no hassle. Only hassle is the long wait for an appointment.

Thanks Judith and Hereford. Here in the Charente all dossiers have to be posted in (I am posting LR+AR) and then we get called in to collect our cards, sometime in the distant future. No meetings to hand over, maybe because they are snowed under with the applications and meetings are inefficient.They do contact you if there is a problem with the docs. I am confident we have enough evidence etc and part of me just wants shot of the whole thing. I am going to keep all the originals in a neat folder with my list and hope for no queries as I am putting my head in the sand and forgetting about it as I don't want to get stressed. Thanks again, all of you.Mrs.B.

Really, why not just put your name on the back.

What can I say, it isn't as if the fonctionnaires are super efficient, miracle workers, bad enough if a dossier gets dropped without having to grub around working out which file it should go with, but heyho, maybe in your region they are absolutely incredible. They weren't where I lived.

Hereford wrote: "If they really did drop the file on the floor they could still see whose photo is was - your application includes photocopies of your passport!"

This.

So no harm in writing your name on the back but anyone who didn't, I don't think they need worry unless their new photos look nothing like the photo in their passport - which would be a problem in itself.

Thanks Idun and Eurotrash and sorry for the lateness of the thanks. We will print names on back of photos . I have just finished my covering letter of request which has a list of the documents we are supplying as justificatifs and then, over the weekend , check all docs. in same order as the letter and post off on Tuesday and then off to UK to see son and grandchildren with a calm mind. Thanks again all of you who posted.