problem with Suez billing.

niacla

I have a problem with a French company Suez. I ordered two skips ( for building work) from them and paid in advance for both. Both were delivered and collected. No problems so I thought! One month after they issued a new invoice for the skips - a different amount from the previous. They are now sending me legal threats for recovery of the money. I have phoned, emailed and messaged through Facebook. I have sent them proof of orders and payment all to no avail. I have been in contact a least a dozen times with them. They are insisting that I have unpaid invoice. Is there anything I can do or someone I can contact to end this nightmare? Thanks in advance.

If you are in real difficulty then most Notaires offer a free service .. a bit like the free consultation 20 mins or so you can ask for in the UK.

As long as the Notaire does not open a dossier then his/her advice is free. One free session lasted 1 1/2 hours .. not our fault .. he enjoyed speaking to English people, albeit in French ☺

OH and I have availed ourselves of this a few times over the years .. each time with a different Notaire depending on where we were living at the time .. so we know it works.

Sue is right about Notaires, but I am not sure that a Notaire deals with such bills, more a matter for an Avocat.

You may find that your house insurance or bank includes a garantie "protection juridique which entitles you to free advice...you have to ring them up and ask about the situation.

If you haven't got that you might get some advice from your local CCAS

If none of this works out you might find that

they may send a letter from a huissier pretending that you have to pay, but unless the case has been to court that can't be enforced.

There are a couple of debt collection agencies that prey on people's ignorance of this fact; one is called Intrum Justitia...if you have anything from them ignore it unless it has a real judgement attached.

From a French Forum " Intrum Justitia est une société de recouvrement

amiable, pas une étude d'huissier. Autant dire qu'ils ne peuvent pas

grand chose contre vous.

It's easy for me  to say, but I suggest that you send a lettre recommandée avec accuse de réception to Suez with the proof of payment

Then just ignore it unless they really do take you to court..

Thank you Norman and Sue

Great advice. - I will start with the lettre recommandée including all the documentation. If this does not work I will seek advice like you suggested! They have at least finally acknowledged an email and say they are investigating. Here's hoping.

niacla wrote : I will start with the lettre recommandée including all the documentation. If this does not work I will seek advice like you suggested! They have at least finally acknowledged an email and say they are investigating. Here's hoping.

It's already looking more hopeful if they have acknowledged your email .. you are doing the right thing to follow up with a registered letter with copies of all the info.

You are on the right track .. good luck.