Normandy landings.

JohnM

As it is 6 months until the anniversay, a producer at the local Raio Station where I work, wants to look ahead and talk (on the phone) with somebody who has a normandy guest house / gite who would be happy to talk about how the bookings are. Ideally, she wants somebody who once lived in Wiltshire... who's parents live in Wiltshire... who got their cat in Wiltshire.... in other words, has some connection with Wiltshire.

If that is you please email me! [email protected].

John

Hi John

I run a B&B in Normandy, 40 minutes from Arromanches, where most of the celebrations usually take place. I really DID buy BOTH my cats from a breeder in Wiltshire! Do I qualify?

Coco
PS Oh and my husband has an uncle who lives in Wiltshire who used to fly Lancaster Bombers during the war and he met his wife from Swindon when based there!

And I'm the other side of Normandy (in Calvados) from Coco... I lived in Wiltshire for over 6 years, when I worked at RAF Kemble (which, during WW2 delivered spitfire and hurricane aircraft to the front line stations). My husband was, up until fairly recently, the Engineering Authority officer for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

Happy to make any contributions to supplement Coco's bid!

JudyM