Car vandalism assurance claim rejected

GBW

My car was left in a secure village (enclosed and gated access) and over the winter, the windscreen was smashed (comprehensively) and the wing mirrors ripped off.

My insurance company, Allianz, is denying my claim.

What to do?

The repair bill is ~€500.

Did the insurance company give their reasons?

I strongly suspect you may need a police report and crime number to get the insurance company involved positively. But there may be conditions in your about leaving the vehicle for so long in that type of location.

Others may know better than I

There was a misunderstanding. Allianz will pay but I have to pay the excess (as expected).

I am sure that the fact that the excess is almost exactly the same as the original bill is just a coincidence!-:)

GBW wrote : There was a misunderstanding. Allianz will pay but I have to pay the excess (as expected).

I am sure that the fact that the excess is almost exactly the same as the original bill is just a coincidence!-:)

Ah ! Welcome to la belle France (imagine smiley winking face here)

Edit : I must remember to use FF on here and not Chrome.

Have you looked at your contract?  The excess is called la franchise and the exact amount will be written in the bumpf.

My franchise on the cars I have owned has been 300 euros for many years now.  Perhaps yours is a bit higher as you do not drive the car all year round and you are sometimes an absent owner.

Have another close look, it should be plainly visible[:)]