Toilets.

I was not sure which section to post this question in but I thought as B & B owners you may have come up with a similar problem. The house I have bought is very nice however the toilets are badly stained, until I can get them replaced I wonder if anyone has tips on getting them clean, at home I would use a good bleaching, but I understand bleach isn't good for the Fosse. Any suggestions please.

LAST EDITED ON 07-May-04 AT 10:53 AM (BST)

Have no idea what the forum software is doing now, but in order to post this I was requested to login again! We may be in for another crash.

To clean toilet bowls (fosse emtying) I find that a Harpic product called Poudre WC - Triple Action and safe for the fosse is great. Just leave around and in the bowl for a couple of hours - and then scrub. Do this a few times and the bowl will be nice and clean!

Only problem is finding the stuff - I last bought it in LeClerc, but at the moment they are out of it and my supply is getting low. The container is white, tall and thin with a mostly green label - bit of red on the label and a red top. I will take the empty container when next I shop!

It does say in small print "Sans danger pour les fosses septiques".

Julia near Redon