proof of date moved to France

mint

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you lose your father Cathar Tours??? I only ask as our son has recently got his french ID card and his is a Titre de Sejour, not Carte.

Over the years we had had Carte de Sejour and subsequently Titre de Sejour.

The title difference would seem so 'nuanced' to me that I cannot really tell the difference, and yet it was changed.

Also, all my photos on my passport, ID cards, driving licences are all horrible and for all they are me, they do not show a 'me' that anyone could cherish. And when I am gone, I bet when my kids go through my things, they will have a bit of a laugh about some of these photos.

This Fred has become extremely irritating because it is going over old ground that I thought had been settled ages ago by my posts among others.

I have  had  a CdS since 1995, and such 'titres'  have always been two categories; one for  European/Swiss/EEE members, and the other one for people from outside Europe, Americans Japanese North Africans etc.
See here:

The card that I hold at the moment clearly states  that it is for someone in the first category
[img]https://i.imgur.com/MG8Qozy.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MG8Qozy.png[/img]

I have continually stated for  years  when the
UK leaves European community it will be necessary to change to the category 2 type card, which incidentally costs 119€ where has the European type one was free.

the French authorities are being very helpful for British people having to make this change,  (and for those who are having to get a card for the first time)

and published a very useful document showing the different pathways to go down according to to whether you already had a CdS or not, even going so far as to publish it in English:

All all this seems quite simple if only people would accept that  only the French official sites are valid, and they are completely open and clear on this issue.

I have no idea where some of the mis-information that has crept into this thread comes from, but I would suggest ignoring opinions that are unsubstantiated by evidence such as links to official sites such as I have given.

RIFT etc have no official status.

Norman - I guess yours may not be a credit card size given two photo's under each other where as my dads is staggered, one on the right the other on about half way down on the left. Other that that the wording is exactly the same as yours.

My dad followed your advice at the time plus that of another member who was in the same department as he. Didn't have any problems getting the meeting to take his stuff in and have his fingerprints taken and the card turned up six weeks later exactly as they said it would. Your point about none government sources is exactly what I was trying to get over, only use them.

Things get complicated when you use a third party website. Firstly it is their interpretation of the actual law and then you will put you interpretation on top. I can remember by dad years ago getting into a panic about his French car registration number because a certain English language newspaper (still be sold I believe) in France said that you had to get them changed because of the new number plates that were coming out that year. What the article referred to was something on a French government website that told people not to forget to change the plate on their trailer to match their car if they got a new car with the new number plate on. That same newspaper has made quite a few gaffs over the years although I am not implying that everything they print is rubbish but you have to check. Fortunately we don't need these type of newspapers in Germany because most of the big "normal" newspaper print in English as well and they have English websites.

Idun - He died last year. At the top of the card it says TITRE DE SEJOUR yet further down it says CARTE DE SEJOUR CITOYEN UE/EEE/SUISSE the photo is one of these digital ones, it's just sentimental really I guess. I keep all my mum and dads passports as well because it shows the fantastic places they visited in their life and it may sound crazy but I aspire to visiting the same places at some time or another on the basis that my dad was a keen photographer and it would be interesting to see how much they have changed.

As a side issue the UK seems to be in effect a mirror of what's on the French and German government websites as in dates and costs of residency card after Brexit. I seem to remember reading that whatever the UK does to EU immigrants the EU will mirror. That said some UK minister (security minister Brandon Lewis) who has said that after the 30th June 2021 if an EU citizen does not have a residency card they will be rounded up and thrown out. This has been taken up by the EU parliament who are asking for the UK to explain. Given that the EU countries follow the UK I would suggest it would be very wise to process your application with all due speed so as to give yourself plenty of time to get your replacement card if you already have one. It is a newspaper story you should follow over the coming weeks.

Source - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/07/eu-parks-post-brexit-demands-avoid-early-clash-boris-johnson-ursula-von-der-leyen

CT if your father’s card has the same wording it clearly says UE, something you previously claimed it did not do.

Norman, I have explained how and why the costs will depend on the flavour of Brexit achieved and will be based on either the cost of a French citizen acquiring a passport or an identity card. RIFT has proved to be a useful resource for thousands of people by clarifying the information needed.

The current card held by British Citizens has both Titre de Sejour and Carte de Sejour on it, it’s title in big letters is Titre de Sejour.

Don't you ever read anything? You are getting somewhat annoying now. I never claimed that at all in fact if you can get off your bottom and read my posts that is why I said you would need to get a new card because your not a member of the EU etc. after 31st Jan.

Your last sentence, that's exactly what I said if you can read.

Mint - if I was you I would listen to Norman, he knows what he is talking about and he certainly helped others like my dad get his card without problem. Don't trust any source other than the French government websites of which some documentation is in English. One of them I remember had an English language email address for those that had a problem getting their card (down the bottom on the right if memory serves). Nobody can stop you getting a card it is your right as the French government websites clearly show.