proof of date moved to France

mint

that is likely to be much easier to get than  the original CdS was 20+ years ago.
In those days I had to give translations of all my certificates whereas nowadays the originals are acceptable, just to give one example.

I haven't said much on this thread  because this was all so long ago for me, and I could easily get muddled with the most stringent requirements for taking Nationality which in my case has now been going on for over 3 years[:'(]

In answer to the question about the date of arrival I reckon that as long as you have over 5 years worth proof of Regular residence (and continuous) they wouldn't worry too much about the exact date

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lower, under Nature du Titre it is Carte de séjour citoyen UE/EEE/SUISSE."

And that's why you will need a new one assuming your British because after Jan 31st you will no longer be a member of "UE/EEE/SUISSE".

I think, but this just my thoughts that judging by what was on the French website you will get a new card that will look exactly the same except it will say "Nature du Titre it is Carte de séjour citoyen Royaume-Uni". You will have become just like any other none EU immigrant in France.

Somebody said about these cards not being proof of ID. As far as I know in all EU countries only the ID card issued to a national of that country is classed officially as an ID card. I can use my German citizen ID card (well when it turns up) to travel anywhere within the EU instead of a passport something I can't do with my residency card because it is not officially an ID document.

It's the UK that drags its feet when it comes to changing nationality. Part of the process is a full criminal record check in your country of origin which can take months and months to get. Currently an EU country cannot refuse to do one if another EU country asks but this may not be the case after Brexit which is another reason I went ahead to get German citizenship.

Thank you, CT, yes, I do know I will have to change my CDS but according to the info on the French gov site it is very simple. And my département has, thus far, been pretty organised at dealing with these things.

Getting the CDS required much more paperwork.

But I will wait a little while to see how things pan out before applying for the new one.

What they can or cant be used for remains to be seen too.

and that's why it is free, just a straight swap.

I just got the feeling that some think it is some fiendishly different card. Perhaps printed in white with a big union jack across it so everyone knows your British but it isn't. It will be the same old same old but with Royaume-Uni written on it.

Actually not because this is down to the agreement and not the Trade Deal, the two are very separate.

The only way there will be a hard Brexit is if the EU parliament does not approve the agreement which is highly unlikely but then it's politicians and they are not the brightest of animals.

I am intrigued to know what these alleged major differences will be, enlighten us. If they are I can see France being in the ECHR for years.

OK, firstly many thanks to Jazzer for providing the live link.  Just filled in 2 forms, one for OH and one for me.

Only 4 documents to upload; indeed there is no room for any more. 1)passport
2) proof of date moved to France 3)proof of resource 4) health insurance attestation

Only bit that I had a problem with was working out what format the dates needed to be.  To save anyone else encountering my problem, you need to do it EXACTLY like this 00/00/0000.

One final astuce:  make sure you have all your 4 documents ready to upload onto the site because once you start filling in the form on line, you need to finish in one go or start again if you do not have all your things ready.

For Norman, a friend I spoke to recently said her application for citizenship took over 4 years.  Also whilst she was waiting her eldest child reached the age of majority and had to fill in a separate application for himself.

Right, folk, here is the automatic reply to my application:

Madame/ Monsieur,

Vous venez de valider une demande de carte de séjour.

Le dépôt de cette demande au nom de (my name) a été enregistré sous le numéro (123456).

Votre dossier va être transféré pour instruction vers la préfecture de votre lieu de résidence.

Vous serez informé(e) par message électronique des suites de votre demande.

Si votre dossier est

complet, vous serez contacté(e) par mail pour convenir d'un rendez-vous

auprès de votre préfecture afin de finaliser vos démarches (présentation

de votre passeport / prise d'empreintes / fourniture d'une photographie

d'identité récente (format 35 mm x 45 mm) / justification du paiement

de la taxe sur le titre de séjour de 119 euros
).

Si une pièce est manquante ou inadaptée, vous recevrez un mail sollicitant un complément d'information.

Nous vous conseillons de conserver la présente attestation pour vos prochaines démarches en préfecture.

Ceci est un message automatique, merci de ne pas y répondre.

This is what I received back in October (although I have applied for Nationality I will still need the CdS version non European until such time as I get it, if ever) when I applied for the new card

I thought everyone had done this back then...

[email protected] <[email protected]>

October 2019 at 14:31

To:

[email protected]

Madame/

Monsieur,

Vous

venez de valider une demande de carte de séjour.

Le

dépôt de cette demande au nom de XXXa été

enregistré sous le numéro xxx.

Votre

dossier va être transféré pour instruction vers la

préfecture de votre lieu de résidence.

Vous

serez informé(e) par message électronique des suites de votre

demande.

Si

votre dossier est complet, vous serez contacté(e) par mail

pour convenir d'un rendez-vous auprès de votre préfecture

afin de finaliser vos démarches (présentation de votre

passeport / prise d'empreintes / fourniture d'une photographie

d'identité récente (format 35 mm x 45 mm) / justification du

paiement de la taxe sur le titre de séjour de 119 euros
).

Si

une pièce est manquante ou inadaptée, vous recevrez un mail

sollicitant un complément d'information.

Nous

vous conseillons de conserver la présente attestation pour vos

prochaines démarches en préfecture.

Ceci est

un message automatique, merci de ne pas y répondre

As far as the question of its validity as a 'pièce d'identité' is concerned see here

http://www.isere.gouv.fr/content/download/31243/235057/file/6-%20D%C3%A9tail%20pi%C3%A8ces%20d'identit%C3%A9%20recevables.pdf

Lucky I have yet to throw my dads card away.

Apart from the bit already mentioned about place of origin there is absolutely nothing on the card that says European Union in any way form or means and his is dated March 2018. What was before that I have no clue as to what it might say.

Do not confuse the residency card with a EU Blue Card which is only available to those none EU immigrants moving to the EU and have jobs to go to. These are issued by the EU via the country you are working in. American workers where I am based have these as do other none EU workers. These give the holder exactly the same rights as an EU citizen.

Anyway we will find out in 26 days time when the first of these "totally" different residency cards start appearing. I still put my money on them being the same but with British instead of EU/EEA or Swiss on them.

OF COURSE, the automated computer generated reply is going to be the same.  Its purpose was to acknowledge that your application had been received.  But, as BinB has pointed out, it does mean that you are now registered in "the system".  Speaking for myself, I can now forget about all of this for the moment and not be anxiously looking at the préfecture site, seeking a rdv that nobody was going to give me any time soon.

For those that are interested.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50986393

You can watch UK Parliament on the Internet. I think the second four our debate on Tuesday is the bit that will interest you retirees the most. Mind you what governments say on one had is often quite different to what they actually do. Anyway if your interested in Brexit and what to come this will be a bumper week for you by the look of the agenda.

I looked at your link and it is somewhat out of date in as much as it only deals with what many incorrectly refer to as a no deal Brexit. It also has so many disclaimers at the bottom that basically other than the links to French government websites it should be treated with extreme scepticism.

The Brexit agreement (or as you call it deal) will be sent to the Lords on Thursday where it is expected to go through although it does not matter if it does or doesn't. The bottom line is it will be passed into law because even if every MP other than the Tories votes against it with Boris's majority it will pass. The only people left who may vote against the agreement is the EU democratically elected MEP's but that's highly unlikely.

By the way there is nothing that says what this alleged totally different card will look like for British people so I am still waiting for your link to that information.

You are so off the mark this will be my last post on this thread. The RIFT link gives the most up to date information, at the moment we are in limbo waiting for... It is presumed that the same online portal will be used whatever type of Brexit emerges and as the paperwork required by British nationals needed if there is a no-deal Brexit will be more detailed than for any other situation it will be easy to for the applications already made online to be adjusted. I really don’t know where you have got the idea that a ‘new’ card will be produced for British applicants, the relevant TdS already exists. I have explained what will determine the cost of the card according to whether a deal or no-deal occurs, it’s hardly rocket science so should be easy to understand.

If your father was not issued with a Carte de Sejour Citoyen UE/EAA/Suisse (it should be written halfway down on the front of the card under the heading ‘Nature du Titre’), he was issued with the incorrect card. I have my correct card in front of me as I type, it is clearly marked.

If you look back through this thread it was you who said it would be a totally different card.

You can also see that I asked Woolly what was on his card then explained that because it has UE/EAA/Suisse it will have to be replaced because that wording has to be changed to British (or French translation). That's the only reason you will need a new card if you read the French government websites.

The RIFT only gives the most up to date versions via it's links to French government websites but in itself is not up to date and is only interested in there being no agreement. The link I gave tells you what is required for either scenario and was updated in accordance with the contents of the negotiated agreement now before UK parliament and will become passed in the UK by the end of next week as of 19th Oct 2019. I take it you have actually read the link you gave and the link I gave.

I believe somebody else pointed out that with regards to France the only totally reliable source are French government websites and anything other should be ignored. It's the same in Germany except there are no non government websites.

[quote user="BritinBretagne"]This is worth reading.

https://www.remaininfrance.fr/cartesdesejour[/quote]

I have looked at your link and there is tons and tons of information.  It is not for the faint-hearted because you need to go through everything carefully and pick out all the sections relevant to you.

I must say that I do feel better informed about cartes and what is normally accepted documentation.  I do have other stuff to back up the information I have provided on line.  Our préfecture, as far as I know, is not giving rdvs (even though we are legally able to demand a cds) and haven't been giving them since towards the end of 2018.  Can't say I blame them, they would be swamped by work that might turn out to be unnecessary.

BinB, I hope you don't mind the next request I have to make to you.  Next time you give a non-clickable link, could you put in a double line space (for example, after "reading") to enable easy copying and pasting.  Without clear space between the link and the previous sentence, it is quite fiddly to highlight just the link without touching the previous sentence.

Thanks again, BinB, for being so helpful about this and related topics.  I'd rather plough through reams of stuff than remain ignorant.