Chambre d'hote (health question)

We are moving to France early part of next year and opening a Chambre d'hote. Having read most of the previous posts regarding the new Health Regulations if seemed to appear that running a Chambre d'hote was in a rather grey area, does any Chambre d'hote owners know how this now stands as to joining the French Health System, we will have 4 letting rooms. Many thanks, Bob.

One bit of info to add. The C.d.C. do all the paperwork for you for about 50euros, saves quite a few headaches and it's done very quickly. In case you didn't know,we didn't untill Miki was good enough to tell us, that you can register for 6 months if you, like us, only open April -End September. Saves a lot on outgoings and we have had no problems with carte vitale etc.

Regards.

Very interested to see Gastines comments on deregistering for part of the year . Can you say a little more about how that works ,especially from the cotisation side -do you go back to year  one flat rate contributions each time ?

Thanks

Re registering for 6 months. Basically we go to the C.dC. just before April 1st and register. As members know from numerous letters on this site, that, in itself  has been well debated. The CdC will advise all the required parties, do all the paperwork, for about 55euros.[ Money well spent ] We then have to pay the required cotisations, as required while trading.Public liability insurance runs for the complete year. At the end of Sept, we go back to the CdC and de-register, and again they do all the required notification to everyone,no charge. Any overpayments are refunded very quickly. We have done this for the last 4 years after being advised this was available by Miki. Before that having registered for a year and the season being so short it was very nearly not viable. As an example ,this year due to an unexpected family death in UK, we deregistered at the beginning of July and closed. All the paperwork and refunds were dealt with by the CdC very quickly without any problems. We have found that if you visit the required offices and ASK, help and advice is forthcoming. Fortunately all the required offices are about 5 minutes away.Without exception we have found the staff very helpful. Basically if you don't ask you don't get the required info, so I suggest a visit to your local CdC. may help. Obviously we have had pages of letters from members who have been advised that they don't  have to register but I think times they are a-changing.

Regards.

Thanks very much Gastine ; Copper , you might have more feedback on this if you post on the artisan website . I read on another forum that this suggestion was agreed in priciple but was not yet in force . Like you I'd appreciate an update from anyone out there who knows the latest, as it sounds like a much needed reform . Like current health happenings it may well be brewing away in the background until a due date . My understanding was that the levels involved were a maximum 25% of revenue for services ; 14% of turnover ( max. 76000 in the case of c/d/hs)

• 1 month later...

I would be very interested to know the answer to this question too!

We have 2 rooms available ( both family rooms)

but have the possibility of an additional room if necessary . We need to know if we can register pay cotisations that will provide health cover for ouselves & our children