Another scam email to be aware of!

Just been notified by one of the sites that we are listed on, of an email doing the rounds. The request for 4 rooms is probably sufficient to alert most people but it doesnt't follow quite the usual pattern - perhaps they are learning??? Anyway, here is the info we received:

We want to make you aware that someone is trying to make scam bookings via
Bedhunt. We know this happens, and usually we stop them, but this guy got through.
If you receive a booking from Patrick Cleveland or email address [email protected]
then please be careful as it is a scam.

The current email he is sending is:

Hello dear,

Is there rooms for 7 nights from 10 May to 17 May ? we would be needing 4 rooms,
can you please get back to me with the total cost for the duration of stay for double rooms?
Thanks and have a nice day..

Patrick.

and this one...

Hello,
        I am girolamo,And i will like to know if this rental will be availble from the date listed bellow:
Arrival:1st of April,2008
Departure:l 1st of May, 2008
      Also i will like to know the cost for the rental per week,And i will like to know if there is a enough space for my auto bike as well,Ok.
      I wait to read from you.
Thanks.

This is what I received and after searching on the web I saw it is Spam. Certainly good to know.

First contact:

Premium Health Org

29BR,Dalmarnock Rd,

Rutherglen,Glasgow,

Lanarkshire G73 1BL

+44-70457 09745

Fax +447884514786

Hello Dear,

I am Wilson Richard Therry,the Medical Director of Premium Health Organisation in Glasgow Scotland .I want to book dinner for my group of workers arriving from Scotland.

They will all come for dinner in your place on APRIL 20th, 21st and 22nd, 2008 by 7:00pm each day. They are 15 in numbers.Get back with your response if there is availability in  your restaurant.

Best Regards,

Wilson R.Therry

My answer:

Dear Mr. Wilson,

I received your mail for a booking in a restaurant on April, 20th, 21st ad 22nd, for a group of 15 people. Sorry, but we are not a restaurant but a Destination Management Company on the island of Fuerteventura. If your group is staying on our island we will be 'pleased to suggest you several options for those evenings.

Please let me know more details or if your email was a mistake.

Sunny regards,

Filip xxxxxxxxx

Director

Second contact:

Premium Health Org

29BR,Dalmarnock Rd,

Rutherglen,Glasgow,

Lanarkshire G73 1BL

+44-70457 09745

Hello,

Thanks for your mail we like 2 book for accomodation on your island. Kindly get back to me if the dates are free ok

Best Regards,

Director

Second answer from us:

Dear Mr. Wilson,

Thank you for your request.

We can help you with 4 and 5 star Hotels on the island. The dates are not a problemm. Please inform me about more details (if the rooms have to be double used, single use, total number of participants, date of arrival and date of leaving, etc.)

We can also help you to build up a complete programm for your stay; transfer from the airport to the Hotel, activities, restaurants, etc. But it would be good to be informed about what you are realy looking for....and we will send you our proposal.

Sunny regards from Fuerteventura,

Third contact:

Premium Health Org

29BR,Dalmarnock Rd,

Rutherglen,Glasgow,  

Lanarkshire G73 1BL

+44-70457 09745

Fax +447884514786

Hello Dear,

Thank you for your response. We want to make the reservation of 15 people in 1 group arriving on April 20th through 22nd 2008. 7:00pm prompt. It has to be double used.

We want to know how much it will be for the total cost and please let us have your comprehensive details regarding the cost for further correspondence and payment.

Best Regards,

Director

After this letter I started to search through Google and saw it was Spam. The "hello Dear" and the not signing anymore was not normal in our way of receiving requests.

Anyhow, if someone wants to visit our island we will be pleased to welcome them.

Sunny regards,

Filip

Filip try doing a search via google on the persons name you often find out that way it's scam if you are newish to the business or have so far not received and of these type of emails. Your chap has a mention in this thread on a B&B forum http://www.pillowsandpancakes.com/sw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=139&sid=0191beb65b9d0366e6599eed4108e039 although he does start off under a different name. If you don't know how the scam works it shows it quite well in hat thread. When you get to his name he has a different address than the one you have. I have not checked bu you might find the address is actually real as may be the organization. Usually the credit card and passport used are stolen.

Today we received our first french language scam booking

Here is the content of that email

Bonjour Mr , Mme ,

Je suis

Mr Kouassi , j'aimreai faire une reservation dans votre local pour les dates

suivantes :

10/04/2008 au 30/04/2008.

J'aimerai vous reglez en avance par

virement bancaire.

Je tiens a vous dire que nous avons eu votre adresse par

nos recherches sur le net , aussi nous venons dans votre local pour notre lune

de miel.

Alors si possible veuillez nous faire parvenir par email en pj votre

RIB complet ainsi que un contrat de locations y compris la facture

globale.

Dès réception de ces documents nous allons faire le

necessaires.

Nous sommes en attente d'une reponse favorable.

Mr et Mme

kouassi .

01 BP 1001 ABJ 01

24, RUE DES PLAGES

ABIDJAN COTE

D'IVOIRE

TEL : +225 45 737435