Oh look a new(ish) scam, same idea different approach

Quillan

Whilst I still get the odd Greek Priest's email but only from time to time but I got this one today which I haven't seen before. Same old, same old, type of scam just a newer, updated version. I suspect as it 'catches on' with the scammers we will see a lot more of it with perhaps a variance. Just a shame they don't understand CDH's in France only have five rooms.

Hello,

I will like to contract your services with respect to my wife's birthday(Mrs Jasmine Williams) scheduled to hold on the 24th March 2013. I will like you to take charge of the arrangements. Mrs Williams(my wife) happens to be from your country and this birthday celebrations is meant to be a surprise package that is to say she is not aware of this arrangement. Please get back to me with any of the services which you can provide as regards the birthday arrangement for my wife.

- Vehicles /hotel transfers for the guests

- ( coaches transportation)- location for the Birthday party

- lodging for the guests for an estimate of twenty people(arriving on the 23rd of March and departing on the 26th(morning) of March)2013

- Birthday cakes and Flower decorations

- Sight seeing tours for the guest/ boat tours& dance entertainment

- (25th March)- DJ Sound& flower decoration/photograph& video services 

The Birthday Budget is at the range of 24,000 GBP for now and it remains very flexible pending our final conclusion.Please do let me have the details of all i should know as regards the arrangement. Estimates and calculations should be based on thequoted budget.

Do get back to me asap via e-mail

Mr Mumford Williams

[quote user="NormanH"]How does that make them any money?
[/quote]

They will send you a cheque or travelers cheques for £25k, all forged of course then cancel because of illness or death 48/72 hours afterwards and ask you to return the money probably via Western Union or credit card. It will take a few weeks before your bank tells you that the cheques are forgeries by which time the £25k you sent them has disappeared.