joining booking.com or free fax number provider.

osie

Hi

Does anybody advertise there establishment with booking.com.  I am thinking of using their services but they need a fax number. 

I have one but do not want to use it due to the amount of spam.. we only receive faxes if they are announced.

So, I would like to use a free fax number provider.

I have just tried www.freefaxtoemail.net but it does not seem to work for France.

Any ideas

Thanks

osie

Okay... well here is where I am at.

I used a website called monfax.com ... it sounds like I am a very good sales monfax representative but sadly not.

I randomly found it with some googleing.... no credit card necessary.. just a valid email address.

I got a fax number and sent it a fax via our fax machine... it worked.. I got it...

Okay, I think I have paid for a local call in sending the fax and so the company's turnover has just gone up a bit... but, in my view it does seem almost too good to be true.

Any thoughts..

osie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Belated reply but here goes.

We use faxtastic.co.uk - £23.50 incl vat a year and they are brilliant. Dont go el cheapo - the free providers wont let you receive a fax from outside France and for this money you get an 0870 UK number which you quote to bookings.

Never had a prob with them in 3 years.

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I use the booking.com website and they suggesting siging up for www.freefaxtoemail.net as they are free and there are no usage limits.  Problem was I could not fax back as it was inbound only, however, they've just added a free outbound service that faxes to lots of european countries (for free) and you can send what you like, its called www.freefaxgateway.net and it look likes it ran by the same company as they now allow me to fax back after I've recieved an incoming fax, again all for free.  It works for us, and france is free also, give it a try.

I do not think this is entirely correct... As far as I know booking.com suggest using efax, which now costs.  I had a look at the website and it looks like it may have just started up with a few spelling mistakes and maybe this is more of an advert.

However, if it works then why not use it.... For booking,com you need a dutch number to be able to send you a fax, so as long as it works in Holland it may work.

If anyone has an internet account with www.free.fr then they get a FREE e-fax service included.  It sends electronic documents to telephone fax machines and it receives faxes and forwards them to you by email.  I mention it because it is not widely publicised.  If you're with free, you access it via your email dashboard.