How many rooms to offer?

Deby

Could any of your offer me some of your good advice and opinions.

I'm trying to ascertain which is a better target market. We have the possibility of renting out 6 double rooms plus a twin, which could accommodate up to 14 people comfortably, BUT as I am searching and discovering 14 people is quite a high number to spend your holiday with... Would it not be better for me to offer say 4 double rooms and the twin(8-10) and then say we can accommodate more. I am using the various holiday sites to market our property, but we then get lost in the 12+ criteria. I get an 'inkling' that we might not be considered as we are 'too big.'

Your informed experience would be most appreciated.

Deby

14 people
>is quite a high number
>to spend your holiday with...

Deby, it certainly is, it's the equivalent of 3 x your average family plus two more. But, that said, I have a group of Francophile friends in the UK who take a gite every summer in France and complain about the lack of choice of accommodation in that size range. They are all adults, several couples, several singles and even a mum and dad or two, and love the house party atmosphere of a big group, which for them originated in the chalet parties on their skiing holidays. But maybe they're in the minority, I know it certainly wouldn't appeal to me.

Margaret