Clients FAQS

Landix

The question" How long have you been here" has always been fairly popular, but now it is the first thing that everyone asks as soon as they arrive. The look of relief on their faces when we say 11 years is very obvious. Never having seen 'those TV programmes' it makes me wonder what sort of picture they are painting. It also worries me that British owned property might start getting a bad reputation. Has anyone else come across this lately?

This really made me chuckle. Yes it is my first season as a gite owner but I am not green behind the ears having had a property in France for 4 years and having run self catering accommodation in the UK for many years.

I can't be doing it all wrong because on Thursday a french woman who owns gites in a nearby village paid me a visit to ask me how I advertised and how I ran my business because she had heard such good reports and had no bookings herself this year. That was the best compliment I could have had and I will proudly say it is my first season and that the local french gite owners have been asking my advice.

Carole S (16)

Recently a favourite seems to have been some varriation of "Why did you leave the UK?" or "Why do you hate the UK so much?"

I'm afraid to admit that I have started inventing reasons that sound more credible than the truth. People seem almost afronted when I answer that I HATE nothing about the UK - I just prefer living here because the weather is better and (in general) there is less litter about. There does seem to be a belief behind the questions that France is a land of Nirvana, flowing with milk and honey, so mundane answers that happen to be true are not acceptable. I shall spare my blushes about what I do say but be sure it has a fairly high tripe content.