Where do Gite Owners advertise for managers/staff?

Kell

Hi,

I've been watching this forum closely as I would very much like to own and run my own gite in the future.  However, the more I read the more I realise I don't know!!  As I will be running the business single handed, I'd really like to be able to gain some experience before I take the plunge.  My problem is knowing where positions would be advertised.  I've looked at the Vacancies forum on this site and I also subscribe to French News but I wondered if you knew of any other places I could look?  I appreciate that now is not the time of year but I have been looking since the early summer without much luck and would like to make sure I don't miss the boat for next summer.

Alternatively, I would be happy to advertise my availability if someone could recommend an appropriate site/publication.

Thank you in advance for your help and I hope this query doesn't contravene the forum rules.

Kell

Laymyhat.com  is brilliant for rental property owners and has loads of advice,so look there, but as you will find, it depends a lot on location, type of property and facilities as to what advertising works best for your individual property. The internet is the way to go, but I would personally do a search on Google of what potential guests would type in to do a search on a property such as yours and go from there. I advertise on a mixture of cheaper regional sites and the more expensive international rental sites. Their effectiveness changes year on year so you may need to change them from time to time.

I don't know of any Gite Owners that have a Manager or Staff. They may have someone to help with the changeover or gardening - but that would be the extent of involvement. Do your research, read Laymayhat as suggested above - someone I knew went on a weekend training course,  but didnt really learning anything she didnt already know.

good luck!