Cheques Vacances

Thebiga

The way it was described to me is they are like Luncheon Vouchers. Some companies give them to employees who can then use them towards their holiday. I looked in to it a bit many years ago and apparently you get charged for accepting and cashing them. It seemed a lot of hassle to me so I never bothered. I think that I have been asked about 5 time in 7 years if I accepted them.

[quote user="Quillan"]The way it was described to me is they are like Luncheon Vouchers. Some companies give them to employees who can then use them towards their holiday. I looked in to it a bit many years ago and apparently you get charged for accepting and cashing them. It seemed a lot of hassle to me so I never bothered. I think that I have been asked about 5 time in 7 years if I accepted them.[/quote]

Employees can buy them for a percentage of their value and redeem them in accredited places for accommodation, meal, entrance cost to various attraction parks, etc...

I found out last year, I was able to get the Chèques-Vacances redeemed through the village Tourist Office, which is accredited to receive them. The fee was only 1% of the value.