Signage

Fi

I want to put a sign up proclaiming the existence of our apartments (which are part of our house). The lane outside is very popular with walkers/bikers etc, and we are at the top of a slope so people tend to stop here to draw breath!  I don't expect any passing trade (although that would be nice) but it would be good raise awareness for their next trip.

I am not a member of GdF or any other official body.  All I want to do is put notice on the outbuilding wall nearest the lane, by our mailbox, saying something like "locations saissonieres - (6-8 personnes) and the phone number and website.  I have two (no three) questions:

- do you need any special permission to put up a sign (A3 ish sized)?

- I am not artistic and I don't want to pay a signwriter - but I don't want to be too amateurish either - are there any kits or anything available?

- is this a bad idea? 

Thanks

If it's on your own land the worst that can happen is that someone tells you to take it down, so why not do it? People put signs up everywhere without asking anyone for permission

You can do an A3 sign and get it plastified at an office supplies shop as a first cheap attempt.

However.... in making these comments I assume that your business is registered in some way, and that you declare the income generated to the French tax authorities. Your advert could generate some fiscal or other administrative enquiries.

[quote user="Polly"].

However.... in making these comments I assume that your business is registered in some way, and that you declare the income generated to the French tax authorities. Your advert could generate some fiscal or other administrative enquiries.

[/quote]

I am legit.  Have registered under the AE scheme.  Good idea about laminating something as a first attempt while I get something more permanent organised.  Don't want to get those dreadful self-adhesive letters that no-one can get straight! 

I did a project with some signage on the road... which has been very beneficial .

I designed the sign on the computer and paid a company to put it up.

I would suggest writing a letter to the marie with your proposed sign, size and whereabouts

The marie is necessary if you want to put the sign on commune public land.

btw: you can also put signs up without permission as do some round here.. they are about 30cm/15cm (something like that)