Registration & Micro Bic

MisterC

I've downloaded the form to declare our meublé de tourisme at the Mairie. (When I enquired there orginally they didn't know anything about it - said they hadn't got any gites in the commune????). So I read with trepidation under a different post that some Mairies demanded classification before accepting the form. However I also want to operate under the Micro Bic Regime and reading French-Property.com, I read that in order to qualify for the 71% discount I need a classification anyway! I have visited the Atout-france site - who were the body responsible for classifications and they say that from June 2012 there are new regulations covering the classification of meubles de tourisme and I should contact the ministry of tourisme to find out more AAAGH. Anyone know what the new procedure is?

Hi

The new regs agreed in March have not yet come into effect but the 'current' classification process, and a link to the new 'simplification' (!) law are explained here:

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F2043.xhtml

The exisiting system is still in use until any new procedures are agreed. To be honest I'd contact your local tourist office for more details.

You will still need the 'official' classification to benefit from the micro-bic regime 71% exemption. So - make sure you remember to fill in a P0i and send it off to your local tax office. They will pass it on to all relevant departments (e.g. INSEE for your SIREN / SIRET numbers etc).

Here's a link to the form (data entry enabled):

http://dev.igreffe.fr/upload/documents/115-formulairep0impots.pdf

Chiefluvvie

Hi MisterC

Try contacting the Conseil Genral in LA Rochelle, they will put you through to the tourism dept,who will give you more info.  They have recently  completed my re classification in Charente Maritme.  PM me if you want their contact details etc.  I found the cost had risen considerably for the new classification and it is a lot tougher.  For example, our original cost for 3 gites in 2009 was 145e, which included advertising on their site, this yr, it was over 600e for 4 gites!!! The new plaque is nice though lol!

• 3 months later...
Many thanks for your reply and many apologies for replying so late! . We now have our classement. Do you know if one should register the business as a single operator or add my wife as a co-exploitant. Or even just register it in her name. I seem to have heard that using co-joints can mean a big social charge bill for both. We should not turn over more than 4000€ per annum. Thanks again for any replies.