Filter problem?

Cat

This morning I nipped out to uncover the pool, and switched on the pump briefly while the roller shutter opened (in order to suck all of the pesky oak catkin things, that had landed on the cover overnight, through the skimmers to be caught in the leaf basket).  I noticed that the sand filter had very little water in it (I couldn't even gauge the actual amount as the water wasn't up to the viewing level).  I switched off the pump straight away, and went back in to have breakfast and get dressed, as I didn't fancy mucking about and cursing on an empty stomach in my dressing gown.

I'm now about to go out and investigate further, but does anyone have any idea why the filter water level might have dropped?  I'm going to try emptying the leaf filter and topping up the pool level a bit, and also bleeding the air out of the sand filter, but it's never done this before and I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks for the offer Chris.

It looks like those pesky oak catkins were to blame, I've just emptied about 2 kilos of oak catkins out of the skimmer baskets, they were completely full and I only emptied them a week ago! I then emptied a few stray catkin bits out of the pre-filter leaf-basket, and bled the air out of the sand filter.

Sorted [:D]

I don't know what it is this year, but those catkin things are every frippin' where [:@]

And designer stubble is sooo last year (you'll be telling us next that your swimming cozie is still at the dry-cleaners).

Nice though, lazing in the sun listening to an iPod, that exactly what I've just been doing... except that I did my 50 lengths first [:P]

Wots a cozzie? I thought that you were supposed to go in yer burfdey sweet? That's wot I do. Is that why the neighbours are giving me funny looks? With a pool temp of 20 there's nowt to see anyway cause all is well retracted![:-))]

[:$]Just call me Mr Blue peut-etra?[:$]

I always find it lovely to swim when the air temp in colder than the pool temp. You need to let your body cool in the air before you go in. Swam tonight with air temp of 20 and pool temp of 22 bliss, so many stars out....