Calpeda pool pump

My Calpeda pool pump is running very noisy and losing suction.  Engineer says it sounds like bearings are going.  The pump was there when I bought the property and could be about 8 years old.

Calpeda are a worldwide pump company and their pumps seem to be sold by engineering firms rather than pool suppliers.  Their pool pumps are only a small part of their range.  The best UK price I can get for a direct replacement is just over £500.

Does anyone have any views on Calpeda quality?  Where do they stand compared to other makers?

Thanks in advance

[quote user="Théière"]

Stan if the motor is ok and it's just bearings then a service repair is all that is needed. They are not much different to any other pump and after 8 years the bearing gets noisy, what's to complain about.

Can your engineer repair it?

[/quote]

Its just that the pump is currently winterised in Deux Servres and the engineer is in Suffolk, (and I am much closer to the engineer than I am to the pump.)  If it is just bearings it may be worth the hassle but if its more than that I may end up needing a new pump anyway.

Its just that I had never heard of Calpeda before investigating my noisy pump.