Gite and CdH owners "inactif" ?

I am confused now.   If you are registered as a micro-enterprise and have siret number etc, what factor decides what level of cotisations you would pay?  

Am I misunderstanding something, or is it possible for someone in the situation of Zeltus to pay either an 'inactif' or 'actif' level ? 

The confusion, at least as I understand it, comes from the fact that as I mentioned above gites and B&B are regarded by the taxman, URSSAF etc as furnished lettings - in other words, normally something that somebody does as a sideline.

Registration as a business has been mostly optional - though this seems to have been regarded differently by various depts and/or officials. Because of it's 'sideline' status, many otherwise inactive people have in the past opted not to pay full business cotisations, quite legally, and, under the old regime, with financial savings. But now, when running a business gives advantages as far as getting health care within the system is concerned, things are different. Treatment as a full business has, historically, depended on the income from gites or B&B exceeding a certain level - I don't know the figure, but it is well beyond the dreams of most people with chambres d'hotes or a few holiday cottages. I believe in some cases, the need to register has depended on whether or not the rentals form the main part of your income, though this has merely meant registering with the Chambre de Commerce, not necessarily paying full business charges.