I have  a friend whose E106 runs out on 6th January 2008 and one of the couple has a pre-existing serious condition. They have been told by their GP that their consulatant has written an appeal to CPAM on their behalf without any prompting. This may be a way forward for others in a similar position.

Just thought I'd pass this on.

My husband and I will have no cover from 5 jan 08 too, I have an appointment with my consultant on wednesday and I will ask hm to do the same. 

I think the more I read the more I seem to get weighed down, nothing is clear, ie pre existing conditions before moving to france not covered, insurance companies not offering a  policy if they can not quote 'comprehensive' as they do not meet the new rules.  What is comprehensive insurance another good question by another forum member. 

Sometimes I wish I was an ostrich and I would find the biggest pile of sand I could find. 

Cat how about another one of your ditti's as I need a pick me up

The news looks a little better today, although it is still an unutterable mess.  Goodness knows how those with pre-exisiting conditions who in reality, have around 7 working days to sort this out, are feeling.

These are the (unachievable and unrealistic, in many cases) insurance requirements

http://www.frenchhealthissues.eu/insurance/insurance_requirements.htm

We are on your case, and will carry on fighting, have no fear (although I doubt if that makes you feel any better, really.)