FHI ON FIVE LIVE TOMORROW : Please add your comments

One of our number, Pam Djordjevic, is being interviewed on BBC Radio 5 Live's Breakfast Show. The programme will be covering the health issue here some time around 8 am (French time), so please listen in. They have assured us (although one knows there are always caveats with these things) that it will be a neutral piece with no phone ins!  However, if anybody would like to contribute, please e-mail them at their website, at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/weekend_breakfast.shtml

Let's get our point of view over for a change!

See also THIS piece, which was in the Telegraph today, and caught the BBC's attention.

You mean the one about having to stop the surgeon taking out me polyps cause I couldnt afford it? Coops I am too angry about the whole thing to take part and the BBC only likes chaps and gels who is politically correct and queer these days. (Sorry, angry because I think it is a bit like watching animals in the zoo)[6]

[quote user="woolybanana"]You mean the one about having to stop the surgeon taking out me polyps cause I couldnt afford it? Coops I am too angry about the whole thing to take part and the BBC only likes chaps and gels who is politically correct and queer these days. (Sorry, angry because I think it is a bit like watching animals in the zoo)[6][/quote]

Hi WoolyB - I don't think I have ever been accused of being politically correct or queer (well, not to my face anyway!) but I will do my best to get our message across anyway, and try not to behave like an animal in a zoo.... good luck with the polyps and if it's any consolation, my husband tells me I snore too!

Pam

The misinformation continues.

I have just been watching a discussion programme, ostensibly religious, called The Big Questions, on BBC1. In the course of a discussion on the NHS, and whether it is correct to limit treatment for smokers, the obese, etc. the subject of health provision in the rest of Europe came up. One ignorant contribution implied that in France good health treatment was universally available, and although people paid for it at the outset or through insurance, it was all refunded by the government. In the rest of Europe most people had private health insurance rather then a compulsory NHS-type service, and all receive top-level treatment for the same cost as a satellite TV subscription in Britain.

However, digressing slightly, I was very impressed by one panel member, a psychologist called Oliver James. In fact I think I will spend my Christmas book tokens on the new book he was on the programme to plug.

Has anybody seen the Michael Moore film 'Sicko' which unfavourably compares the US health system with those in other countries, including Britain and France? I haven't, but does that perpetuate the myth of a free, universal French system?

Hello Poleta,

Perhaps it is just as well. The two jeremy Vine programmes were about as much use as a chocolate teapot. So if it is a similar team of non-thinkers behind this programme it may be best they avoid the subject completely. I noted today that they talked about the safety of sunbeds. Stick to subjects like that I say; saves applying original thought.

Regards

Owen

[email protected]