I have been for an interview for a job in France and may have to make the final decision within the next few days as to whether or not I take the job (if offered) and stay in France permanently.

So can anybody give me a hand here?

If I get the job, as far as I am aware, I will be eligible to 'enter' the french healthcare system as it will be permanent employment in France.  However, if my partner decides that he wants to move here with me permanently what will happen to him?

He has an MOD pension which is fine, but he also receives longterm incapacity benefit and also - the dreaded - Disability Living allowance - mobility component.

Am I right in understanding that he will remain eligible for his incapacity benefit but not (at the moment anyway) his DLA?

I realise there is a lot going on with the changes in law/legislation, and that there are several hoops to jump through, but I would like to make a reasonably informed decision.

If your partner has invalidity benefit, then he should be entitled to an E121.  He should speak to the DWP.

What is more, if the French classify him as your dependent, he may well get into the regime generale as you have permanent employment. 

I cannot help you with what payments he will or will not get but somebody (probably the good Mr Fuller) will not doubt be able to fill you in...